Starfish is an eclectic, inclusive network of entrepreneurs and innovators, we welcome people who share this vision, drive and collaborative spirit.
Starfish Mission is a pioneering space for emerging tech communities with a focus on giving startups in the decentralized web space a platform and access to resources to accelerate their own success. Our space is located on the upper floor in a unique historic building, featuring 18ft high ceilings, exposed brick, and skylights.
All our offices come with:
- 24/7 Access
- Biweekly cleaning services
- Free coffee, tea, snacks and community happy hours
- Free printing
- Four dedicated meeting rooms, including one large boardroom and an acoustic/ podcast room, unlimited access
- An international partner hub network (for Web3/blockchain focused businesses)
- Guaranteed access to Starfish events, lots of discounts and free tickets to tech conferences
- A range of member perks, including up to $145,000 of cloud computing credits + benefits from IBM, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, discounted gym memberships, hotel and venue booking discounts, and more
- An amazing community of founders and builders
- A prestigious address in the mid-market area of San Francisco
- Love the venue, but need more space? We can combine multiple room bookings
Starfish Mission is located between 11th and 12th, on Mission Street, a stone’s throw from the Twitter/Uber HQs on Market, multiple restaurants and lunch spots, gyms and public transport stations (Civic Center). Our building has a beautiful bar located in the downstairs section (The Forgery) and plenty of parking garages nearby, with special offers and discounts available for members.
WHO SHOULD JOIN
We look for teams who want to be part of a buzzing community. We work to give you the resources and network you need to accelerate your business within a collaborative environment of founders and builders. We welcome member teams from all areas of emerging tech, including blockchain, Web3, AI, biotech and others.
All membership benefits include:
- Free events and community channels
- Meeting Room Access (up to 2 hours of reservations per day/fair usage policy)
- Visitor access to a network of global partner spaces with a focus on blockchain (Partners include: Nonce in Seoul, Hashub in Tokyo, Dar Blockchain in Tunisia, CryptoNYC, and others)
- A range of selected software and partner service discounts (examples: accounting services, gym memberships and more)
Industry events are held regularly at Starfish. Community members are welcome to co-work out of the workshop and meeting rooms, as well as other open areas when the main atrium is being used.
We are a network of people who support each other with their projects and share a vision for a more collaborative future.
We serve the blockchain industry, and in a larger context, the development of the evolving web, also often referred to as “Web3”.
One of our core beliefs is that every part of our underlying operational structures as a society can be rebuilt.
The rise of a blockchain driven economy comes with a mindset shift, a focus on interoperability, collaboration and fairer, more participatory systems.
Starfish Mission was founded in April of 2018. Our community utilizes physical spaces and recurring in-person events as anchor points. Here are some aspects of blockchain that we care about, and are working to implement for 2019.
We are working to set up a decentralized, collaborative organizational structure to operate our peer-to-peer learning groups, and participatory community. We intend to utilize an incentive-based model, which we are working to develop through focused mechanism design research groups.
COLLABORATION ACROSS INDUSTRY VERTICALS
Starfish in 2018 was mostly focused on connecting developer communities. Going forward, we also want to foster, or enable collaboration for corporations, funds and non-technical talent, to serve a wider, and more diverse, set of stakeholders in the Web3 industry.
In alignment with our vision for the blockchain and Web3 community in 2024, we are setting up global chapters for peer to peer learning and community-driven incubation, starting with New York, Berlin and Los Angeles.
Reception Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm
Member access: 24/7, 365 days a year
• Large Office (for 6 -10 People) : $4500/month
• Small Office (for 3-6 People) : $2500/month
• Spacious Office (for 4-6 People) : $3000/month
• Small Office with Acoustic Paneling : $2300/month
• Small Office with White Walls + Extra Sunlight : $2500/month
• Coworking Membership Lite : $225/month
• Coworking Membership 24/7 : $300/month
• Fixed Desks : $650/month