A situation in the family recently necessitated me to search for jobs from home. I was specifically on the lookout for US based companies that hire overseas workers like me.
What are some prominent US companies that hire overseas remote workers? The prominent companies hiring overseas remote workers are Amazon, Rev, Conduent, Convergys, United Health Group, and many others. The required profile of remote workers was as varied as the names of the companies. These jobs include simple data entry, medical billing, customer care services, and many more.
There are not only myriad companies and profiles to choose from but also different pay packages that are on offer. How your qualifications match up to the requirements is essential to proceed. While most work from home jobs might require a good knowledge of software and programming skills, there are others like call centre jobs as well as sales and marketing that can be carried out with minimal degrees. In fact they require a completely different type of skill sets. One needs to be aware of all of this before deciding upon the company they finalize.
Given the global shift towards embracing everything that technology has to offer and the positives of working from home, more and more companies are changing their policies in order to accommodate and retain remote workers. There is a palpable change in work culture. Accordingly the workspace too is changing to accommodate new realities.
While there is a continuing lack of clarity surrounding visa status of remote workers who provide services for different US based companies, their numbers do continue to grow. US companies mainly benefit from pay differences as well as some employee benefits they save on when dealing with the remote workers.
This works both ways, in the sense that you are eligible for jobs that match your skill sets; on the other hand, you can pick up and hone different skills as you go along on your journey. However there are certain kinds of skills that are essential to work from home. These not only include technical skills but also attitudinal and inherent ones, as well as how focused you are on working to improve yourself in your chosen field of work. We take a look at some basic skills required for working from home, which can be utilized stand alone or in combination with others to make a success out of your job.
Coding and programming skills. A lot of working from home jobs involves dealing and dabbling with software and programming. One of the most abundant openings is to be found in this area of expertise. If you have honed your programming skills and are able to write codes or programs specific to a particular job at hand, you will be very much in demand. The beauty of being in this field is that you have the luxury of keeping updated on every new innovation made.
Technical support skills. A lot of us have the knack of providing technical support and problem solving. These are very much in need for a lot of online jobs. For those proficient in this regard, new job openings are always available to provide online support.
Office management skills. Virtual assistants and virtual managers are the order of the day for a number of companies that are looking to cut the on-site workforce and move operations online.
Medical knowledge and application skills. Right from transcribing medical reports to acting as a liaison between different branches of hospitals, as well as coding and billing, jobs in this field require basic medical knowledge.
Legal skills. Those trained in the legal intricacies find lots of job opportunities related to legal industry. That combined with your computer skills make for great chances of landing a job while working from home from a remote location.
Financial services skills. Training in the financial sector helps a lot in taking up jobs related to insurance, bookkeeping and accounting, as well as many others related to finances. As stated, one can always add on to their qualifications in order to stay relevant.
Teaching skills. A lot of companies are into online teaching and content development for students and if you are one of those who fancy this, you need to add certain other skills too. Along with knowledge of your subject, you need to be able to handle online protocol very well.
Communication skills. This is an essential life skill that comes in handy when working from home. You will be required to keep in constant touch with a large number of people and work in coordination with them, at times managing a group of remote workers too. You need to be able to elucidate clearly to get the job done smoothly.
Time management skills. This is a skill you need to have or develop very soon when working from home. Even with all the positives that working from home offers, there are many roles to skilfully manage in this situation. There will be grumpy spouses, cranky kids, doorbells, pets and elderly to manage throughout your workday, not to mention the dinner and the laundry. All of this has be done while keeping in mind time deadlines. Since you are now an overseas work from home person, there is a time difference to be factored into your routine as well. This could be anywhere from 2-12 hours and that makes a lot of difference to your entire household schedule. You need to put in a lot of thought when taking up a job that might require you to work nights your time, for long periods of time.
Here is a look at different kinds of US based companies that hire overseas work from home employees: (Check out the latest remote working jobs on flexjobs.com)
1. Amazon. The worldwide presence and recognition of Amazon immediately means it needs a global virtual workforce to carry out its operations with full time, part time or seasonal jobs. One of the most recognized companies worldwide; they have an overwhelming presence and require support in various different kinds of jobs.
2. Rev. Billed as an online marketplace, Rev is a start-up based in San Francisco. It is great for people who have applications and tools developing skills. It is a startup company that promotes freelance work based on technology.
3. Conduent. For freelance, part time and remote work providing business process services using information technology. It is a breakaway from the Xerox Company. It provides solutions across varied business platforms.
4. Convergys. Customer management with clients all over the world and an expanding network. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, this company employs a global workforce to handle its worldwide presence. It sells customer and information management products to large companies.
5. United Health. For a career in healthcare, there are jobs part time and remote tasks too. If you wish to serve people in different capacities in the field of healthcare, this is a great place to begin with.
6. Sykes. You need to have excellent communication skills and ability to build instant rapport with customers and provide solutions in this call centre job.
7. Aetna. For people who have understanding of healthcare, are patient and empathetic, their profile is best suited for this company.
8. Xerox. Xerox is one of the leading US based companies that hires overseas remote workers like technicians, engineers, call centre executives overseas.
9. Thermo Fisher Scientific. From business management to information technology and sales, this biotechnology product development company is based in Massachusetts.
10. Pearson Online & Blended Learning. A pioneer in the field of personalized education and module development, join in as a teacher as well as a content developer or software writer. Making learning fun and interactive is the driving force here.
11. Wells Fargo. Being the world’s fourth largest bank with massive presence, it needs workers of all qualifications in order to staff its operations.
12. VMware. A software company listed on the NYSE, they work in ‘virtualizing computing’.
13. Teradata. Provides data analytics and cloud computing solutions to its customers. Join their global workforce while working from home.
14. Adobe. One of the most recognizable names in software solutions, Adobe hires overseas remote workers. Also moving into digital marketing software.
15. American Express. Also known worldwide as Amex, it is a financial services company. Work for them in call centres, back offices and many more.
16. JPMorgan Chase. Globally recognized and respected, this is a multinational investment bank. For those with finances and number crunching backgrounds.
17. Jones Lang LaSalle. Talk real estate firms in the US, this is it. Provides services and investment management to customers across the world.
19. Cigna. A healthcare services company, Cigna services pharma, insurance, Medicare plans, and many more. There are multiple positions open for overseas workers from home given the diverse profile of the company.
20. Johnson & Johnson. A medical devices and consumer goods company that is majorly into pharmaceutical products too. Jobs for biotech, sales and much more.
21. Ultimate Software. UltiPro is developed and sold by them. Dealing in ‘cloud-based human capital management software system’.
22. Rackspace Inc. A cloud computing company with major presence in multiple countries across the world.
23. Aquent. Working in the temporary staffing industry, Aquent is based in Boston and hires people across the world for marketing and creative fields.
24. ConsenSys. Ethereum blockchain solutions provider, this company works with organizations of all sizes and scopes. It helps build and decentralize applications.
25. GitHub. An American IT company that is a subsidiary of Microsoft, it provides software development version control hosting using Git.
26. Cozymeal. One of the leading lights in cooking related information; this is used by consumers and companies alike. Organizing events is their forte. Away from the usual jobs that are to do with computers and software and insurance and the like, this is one area where someone with a passion for cooking can work in.
27. First Data. Works with debit acceptance. It is very popular with over a third of US debit card businesses.
28. DataStax. A software company based in Santa Clara, works in data management with hybrid cloud database using Apache Cassandra™.
29. InVision. InVision Locations does digital product design for a large customer base. They engage with companies of all sizes to help with design processes.
30 Belay. A virtual solutions company, Belay requires bookkeepers, virtual assistants and web specialists among its employers. For those trained in these office skills to handle virtually, this company has great work options.
31. CVS Health. It is a Pharmacy Benefit Manager company and is into healthcare. The usual job openings related to the healthcare industry are available with them to do from home from overseas locations.
32. CyraCom. A hub for virtual interpreters, who provide services on telephone, this company hires part time overseas workers for the job of communicating with people less proficient in English.
33. Change Healthcare. From patient care to insurance requirements, this company requires a global workforce for their functioning.
34. A Place for Mom. This is a for-profit company for senior care referral. It provides financial and tax advice as well as skilled nursing. Some of their jobs like on boarding coordinator are done remotely.
35. Parexel. This Massachusetts based company provides pharmaceutical services globally. They help clients carry out clinical trials.
36. Covance. Like Parexel, Covance is also a pharmaceutical contract research company that is based out of New Jersey. Its employees are spread over 50 countries.
37. Direct Interactions. An outsourced call centres solutions provider company, they hire overseas remote workers.
38. Cisco. They develop, manufacture and sell telecommunications equipment and provide high-tech solutions and support. A very global presence ensures they require a diverse global workforce to handle their multiple requirements.
39. Carlson Wagonlit Travel. They manage business travel globally. Also event and business management for organizations. If you are passionate about travel and new places, consider this option.
40. Abbott. A trusted name in healthcare globally, they are into biotech and every health-related field.
41. Fiserv. Provide financial services to banks, credit unions, thrifts, leasing companies and much more.
42. Stryker. A Fortune 500 medical technologies company, they produce joint implants and other surgical equipments. Technicians, engineers and other job opportunities are available.
43. Kaplan. Known for providing educational services to colleges and institutions, businesses and corporations alike. Help in test preparation of various kinds.
44. Hilton. Global recognition of their hospitality services opens up multiple job dimensions for remote workers from home.
45. Dell. Computer technology is their forte, selling, repairing and providing support in computers. The brand name speaks for itself.
46. SYNNEX. Information technology supply chain provider. It works on a design-to-distributor model.
47. Concentrix. Like the parent company, SYNNEX, they provide business solutions globally.
48. Working Solutions. BPO that provides on-demand solutions to various businesses round the globe.
49. Kelly Services. They are founders of the temporary staffing industry. Founded in 1946 they have grown and diversified according to the requirements of workforce.
49. Williams-Sonoma. Kitchenware Retail Company with global recognition, it is into multichannel specialty retailing.
50. TranscribeMe. Transcription of all kinds is handled by them globally. They partner a lot of brands too.
51. BroadPath Healthcare. Provides BPO services related to healthcare in payer as well as provider services.
52. Commonwealth of Virginia. A lot of their online official work is done with overseas workforce support in various fields.
53. Syneos Health. Clinical Research Company that works on contract for various corporations.
54. Leidos. Provides scientific support and technical services in aviation, information technology, defence and biomedical research.
55. Amgen. Biopharmaceutical Company, seventh largest in the world. They hire a global workforce in their services.
56. Sutherland Global Services. The name speaks for the global nature of this company and reflects in its workforce. It is among the top BPO service providers in the world. There is an increasing need for remote workers to expand its operations. They are into business processes and technology management.
57. PRA Health Sciences. Contract Research Company that services different clients related to healthcare. They work with product development and drug trials.
58. Humana. For-profit health insurance company with a large customer base in the US who hire overseas
59. K12. Into online education and curriculum design, this is a for-profit organization. Homeschooling and online tutoring are the main objectives.
60. Gartner. A research and advisory company that helps clients with advice and tools for their business and finance requirements. Customer support, sales, and legal support are provided too.
61. EXL. Specialize in operations management. They are into analytics as well as insurance and financial services with global presence.
62. VocoVision. Get remote part time or full time jobs with speech therapy services used for video conferencing and much more. Psychologists, sign language interpreting, and teaching the impaired are available.
63. Worldwide101. Into subscription staffing, the company helps provide virtual assistants, marketers, and more.
64. Shire. Operationally based in the US, they are into biotech research on rare diseases. Globally recognized for their work in health sector.
65. Haynes & Company. It is a market research company that does data analysis for its clients.
66. Auth0. Platform for authentication and authorization for companies. They work on web and mobile applications.
67. Toptal. Freelancing platform to connect businesses with designers and engineers. Provides apps to suit your requirements.
68. ServiceNow. A digital platform to make workflow better and boost productivity. People with great software skills can be part of this company.
69. General Dynamics. Working in defence and aerospace sectors, they have a variety of products and are a major defence contractor. They do induct remote workers in various capacities.
70. HD Supply. A huge workforce is needed for this industrial distributor. Its areas of influence include maintenance, operation and infrastructure among others.
71. Apex Systems. Providing contract based IT professionals to various companies requiring staff. They also do direct placements.
72. General Motors. An automobile powerhouse with presence in six continents. They have been known to hire people for part time and freelance jobs. GM requires a huge workforce for smooth operations.
73. The Hartford. This is a financial services company dealing in investments and insurance. They help design right business solutions.
74. Motion Recruitment Partners. They work in job scouting and provide recruitment solutions. Their work involves companies worldwide and of all sizes.
75. Jobspring Partners. Provides IT-specialized contractual staffing and does global placements. They require staff overseas to man operations.
76. Workbridge Associates. Same as Jobspring Partners, their profiles are similar in the industry of contract-based recruitments.
77. Red Hat. Software Company owned by IBM, they provide open source software products. Deals with Linux and cloud technologies, to quote a few.
78. Enterprise Holdings. A car renting enterprise, it has lots of subsidiaries that are also based in the US. Car rentals, fleet management and more that requires networking and call centre backup- has job openings for overseas remote workers.
79. Anthem, Inc. An insurance company on healthcare, join this company if you wish to make a difference to people’s lives. It belongs to the Blue Cross Blue Shield organization and is recognized worldwide.
80. AFIRM. Environment friendly working to reduce harmful impact in the footwear and apparel supply business. Interacting through calls and organizing seminars towards this end, they engage a global workforce.
81. IBM. Company that needs no introduction. There are lots of remote roles as security, sales, business development managers and more. Huge global presence ensures lot of workflow.
82. Magellan Health. A for-profit company dedicated to healthcare in areas of pharmacy and specialized areas. They work with specialized population world over and require remote workers from across the globe.
83. Appirio, a Wipro Company. An information technology company, it works with companies who wish to adopt cloud applications. Comprehensive services cover pre-strategy to post going live.
84. Robert Half International. A human resource consulting company that has marked global presence. It has over 345 locations worldwide, and is the first and largest financial and accounting staffing company.
85. Transcom WorldWide AB. By their own definition, ‘global customer experience specialist’ it has remote overseas options in sales, customer care and technical support.
86. IQVIA. Handling both healthcare information technologies as well as research, they help companies to give the best experience. Given their wide repertoire of services, they need huge support in multiple aspects of their functioning. They engage with a varied global workforce to accomplish this.
87. PPD. Global organization that provides research and clinical trial facilities for pharma companies as well as lifestyle management services.
88. Medpace. Another healthcare associated company that provides technical support for all phases of drug development. Also contribute to medical equipment development and central laboratory.
89. Google. Part time work options for this information technology behemoth have been known to be offered to suitable overseas candidates. There is a plethora of options for a corporation this size and some of them might indeed be suitable for working at home.
90. Facebook. Like Google, a huge company with instant recall and worldwide presence, they do give out work to overseas work from home employees depending upon the nature of the work.
91. LanguageLine Solutions. An Amercian company based in Monterey, California, they provide virtual translation and interpretation services. They work globally in healthcare, insurance, law enforcement and legal circles.
92. Liveops. A cloud call centre company based in Arizona, this company provides great opportunity to people who want to work as overseas workforce. One can opt for sales, healthcare, food order taking, customer service and many more.
93. Intuit. This is a financial software company based in Mountain View, California. They develop and sell software for accounting, tax preparation and other financial requirements for companies large and small. They also work for individuals.
94. CyberCoders. People have a great opportunity to work from home while at an overseas location with this California based company. It is a division of ASGN Incorporated and is a permanent placement recruitment company. They utilize technology and actual recruiters to help place people in the right companies for a great fit.
95. Salesforce. Again a great opportunity for cloud engineers and software engineers, this company deals with cloud based software. They require people to handle sales, marketing and service, among others.
96. AbbVie. This is a pharmaceutical company based out of Illinois. Basically a spin-off of Abbott Laboratories, they are working towards making a change in people’s lives. They work on advancing the science of drugs and treatment modules.
97. Edmentum. A company focused on providing content for education, they design and provide online learning solutions. The accent is on student excellence and success. From software writers to content designers and actual teachers, there is requirement for a variety of jobs in this.
98. World Travel Holdings. An ideal job option for people who love every aspect related to travel and holidays. They have a large number of remote workers all over the world to ensure smooth working of their world travel enterprise. Right from arranging travel modes to hotels and tourism, as well as networking with different travellers from across the world, they will thrive here.
99. Motorola Solutions. Data communications provider who also are known for their telecommunications equipment range. It has a global presence and its products are used worldwide. Support in the form of call centre and technician jobs and many others are available for home overseas workers.
100. Westat. Provide research services to a range of organizations. They include the US government along with several businesses and organizations. Profiles for programmers, biostatistician, etc are available for home workers.
There are many other US companies that work with overseas remote workers and this is a list of the most prominent ones. (Check out the latest remote working jobs on flexjobs.com). As you can see, most of the work listed above with the mentioned companies requires software, programming and coding skills in order to be eligible, barring of course call centre jobs. That of course is understandable given the predominantly virtual nature of such jobs. After all you are looking to be associated with a company that is based in US and you are in some other country altogether. Also each company will have its own software and setup that they will take efforts to familiarize you with. Normally there will be a training module included into the induction program that will address your teething worries and help you to get going smoothly.
Are you ready for the remote experience? For those of you who are delving into a remote work experience for the first time, let not the setup preparations daunt you. There really is not much to be readied for this. A strict adherence to discipline for yourself and family, high speed internet, a working laptop, a phone connection, a good set of headphones, a separate well-lighted work area and comfortable seating is basically all you will need.
Any software that is specific to the particular company will be taken care of usually by the company itself and all you require is to get familiar with its working. As for managing your home and being at your most productive, as mentioned, being firm with yourself and family is a must. There are certain rules to be put down and enforced in order for you not to be overwhelmed with the experience.
Will remunerations be at par with on-site workers? As a general rule, remunerations are slightly less for remote workers as compared to on-site ones. This is balanced out by the fact that you save on commuting. In addition there is no requirement for a formal office wardrobe when working from home.
This comprehensive guide into the leading US companies hiring overseas remote workers will surely help you choose the right job. Now is the time to give it your best and move ahead with confidence.
You must be logged in to post a comment.