You may think that the days or time of manual punch in and out of cards are concluded. No one today in the time of smartphones is agreeable to go back to such uncharacteristic technology. That is a fact, however, only to some level. It doesn’t mean that companies require stringently monitoring employee attendance. However, the businesses that make an effort to progress with excellent tools; there is still a necessity to use some level of attendance tracking and monitoring.
Tracking employee time and attendance is critical for all categories of companies, no matter what size or approach is used to evaluate employee information. Having an automated employee attendance tracking app helps companies across all sectors save resources, efforts, time, money, and improve business operations.
Many departments across a business are affected by using a mobile app for employee attendance right from HR to payroll. The first eminence of the staff attendance app is to assist in maintaining a competent, vibrant, and productive employee workforce, which can positively impact the entire organization.
Employee attendance tracking is precedence for many employers, for the reason that the benefits are several. It not only makes the processes simpler to schedule leaves and spot any attendance challenges, but it also enhances employee morale when everyone is paid rightly for the hours they have worked in an office or while working from home.
• The app effectively eradicates errors and mistakes in processes related to time and attendance
• Increases business safety and productivity by making all the related operations well-organized as well as competent
• Assists in cutting down costs by eradicating imprecise time reporting, slowness in work and time misuse
• Reduces absenteeism of employees and assist managers to better deal with their team members
• Facilitates swift monitoring and tracking of staff members with instantaneous data helping enable business operations
• Security assurance by the app or software enhances operational and business procedures
• Effortless integration with diverse devices increases the capacity and effectiveness of the software solution for business operations
• Suppleness and alternatives in software features such as clocking choices like a smartphone or online networks increases set of functionalities
• Improve the levels of staff satisfaction and daily operational activities which assists the business deliveries
1. Access to a precise database to have all the employee information at one single place
2. Admin can concentrate on other required tasks and leave attendance management on the app
3.Trim down the use of paperwork, avoid manual timesheets and manage the whole attendance process online
4. Both risks of hacking and manual thefts can be considerably removed from the company systems
It is a location-based service in which a web or mobile application or other software utilizes RFID, GPS, Wi-Fi or cellular data to enable a pre-programmed action when a mobile device or RFID tag makes an entry or exit of an implicit boundary set up across a geographical location, called as a geofence.
In the employee time tracking app, one can draw a geofence in the region of a site on a map. Most applications let you make out numerous geofence and assign staff members to designated areas. Further, the application monitors and tracks their location concerning the geofence.
Trying to decide on a time tracking system for your organization? Consider geofencing potentials and competence. Don’t move half of the way. If you have mobile-based employees, there is no reason to use a software solution without the integration of geofencing.
If you require knowing that your employee’s clock in and out is at an accurate location, geofencing is an excellent approach. Before we carry on, let us support the statement by benefits and added advantages of geofencing enabled with a time and attendance mobile application.
Geofencing can assist in shunning time theft, such as, by precisely tracking the staff members spending office time in other locations and not working while they are believed to be on the job site
• You can trace staff members logging in to initiate their daily work sessions while they are yet on the drive towards work office or at some other place
• You will be able to collect information about where your staff members were and how they were stirring around the job site
• Not only enable precise employee time tracking but can also assist you in understanding how the work is being executed and fetch data for enhancing business efficiency levels
• Staff members who work out in the field will have the suppleness of logging their time from diverse office or other locations, as long as the geofence surrounds them
• Make out employees who clock in or out further than their allowed location
• Receive a notification and alert on a real-time basis if a punch occurs external to the set fence
• Create reports of punch times and locations for a precise employee or group
• Track and monitor staff hours for correct payroll
• Keep hold of staff time cards for record-keeping
• Put into effect time and attendance policies precisely
• Make sure staff members know they are at the accurate location
• Monitor staff hours per project as well as through job position
• Monitor and track employee mileage for organization compensation
If you are planning to utilize geofencing with a new attendance application, here are some tips to address before the actual rollout of the same occurs across your organization.
Inform and update staff members that you are enabling new features related to geofencing. If you don’t inform them earlier and they find out afterward, they will think like they are being spied on. Don’t wear away their confidence as well as reliance on top management and ultimately on your organization. Explain all the advantages and benefits discussed beforehand. You don’t want them to have the misjudgement that it will only be utilized to criticize late or absent staff members.
A geofencing application may utilize mobile data and can affect battery life. If your staff members use their own mobile devices, take this into concern. If you offer tools to your mobile staff members, reassess your business mobile phone plan. You might want to alter your plan previous to utilizing a geofencing time and attendance application.
The attendance app with location and geofencing features is straightforward in use. And it may look pointless to give official training to use the new system. However, you can’t take it for granted that all employees and staff members understand what has to be done. Teach them methodically how to punch in and out, deal with new time cards, and handle the request for time off. If your software solution syncs with scheduling functionality, display them how to explore their schedule information and other details related to new features.
It would be best if you had put in plain words all the time and attendance policies to the staff member when they were hired in your organization. This time again, strike a chord to your staff members of the new procedures before implementing geofencing. Take in and capture precisely all the new policies after geofencing in your employee handbook. Ensure that assigned managers treat all team members, likewise when it comes to geofencing time and attendance training.
So, the employee attendance tracking app with geofencing time and attendance features increases staff productivity and assist in enabling enhanced business operations. As all companies have their own set of requirements, you should decide on the best attendance app for employees that come with highly useful features for your business domain and functions. It would be best to choose a vendor based on the smoothness of app implementation, integration, and enablement of your defined business needs.
The software will fulfill your business operations for attendance monitoring by going paperless, which further improves your operational efficiencies. If any of your staff members are traveling across diverse worksites throughout the day, the geofencing functionality in your application provides added benefits. With geofencing features, no matter how your team might be positioned based on location, you will be able to view precisely where they are through the day to sustain organization efficiencies and productivity.
I’m Marketing Head at TimeCard, helping the team to adopt new technologies, interests in learning and sharing IT technology news trends.
You must be logged in to post a comment.