The year 2020 changed the dynamics of corporate culture with many firms still figuring out how to adapt to these new corporate culture settings. Team building is a very important task that is managed by the human resource department of the firm. But since the COVID-19 began, the employers are struggling with how to enhance team-building remotely.
Working from home is now a new normal and people are earning a lot from it. There are different tips and tricks which help in growing your business and those techs also favor you in overcoming the challenges that come in your way.
So, are you feeling anxious about the new remote working dynamics during COVID-19? Read the article below to figure out how to maintain ‘team-building’ remotely with success and build employee motivation by creating online meeting rooms, holding webinars, lunch breaks, extra-curricular activities, and competition.
With employees dispersed across various locations, it is a very tough situation to boost the morale of the employees and to interconnect the employee to facilitate a consistent culture.
The following are a few measures that can be taken by your firm to enhance team-building culture even though your employees are working remotely:
Fostering a working culture requires that the employees have a place where they can meet up. Therefore, if the employees are working remotely, it is important to have a sort of a virtual office. For this purpose, you can subscribe to ‘Zoom Personal Meeting rooms’ or Google rooms.
This will encourage the team to meet up and keep each other on track and fosters a working culture remotely. Employees need to meet in these virtual spaces even if it means small talk, as this plays an important role in building connections among the team members.
Many big companies like DIVISA Fashion Marketing Agency are now holding webinars to interact with their employees and customers. It is important to keep the rhythm of office culture going. So even if you cannot attend a physical seminar, the firm can concentrate on holding webinars over Facebook live sessions or zoom meeting rooms, etc. It is again important to keep having virtual events necessary to build your business.
Do not wait for this Pandemic to be over, every single thing can be done digitally in a safe environment.
Even though the meetings are taking place online, it is important to have a lunch break or coffee break for the employees to relax and talk about non-work related topics. This relaxes the employees and creates good fostering positive vibes culture.
A lot of companies to build teams virtually, are now engaging in virtual icebreaker games. These games are hosted virtually to enhance team-building and to build relationships. A lot of employees would enjoy online trivia or Pictionary games while others might have csgo prime accounts and would love a counter strike global offensive competition. There are a lot of games where gamers all across the world can join this virtual game event.
As a company owner, you should maintain transparency about the challenges. Your employees must be aware of times when increased cooperation and support is an absolute necessity for the company’s betterment.
You must explain the reasons behind the drastic measures. Keeping the workforce in shadow while expecting increased efficiency and work will reduce your reliability. Your employees are likely to doubt and feel dissatisfied with the organization.
Assign employee's tasks and encourage positive and healthy competition among the colleagues.
Send your employees who are working remotely a few care packages to boost their morale. These treats can include office supplies, home care items, discount coupons to buy csgo accounts, club membership, etc.
Perhaps, the most important thing to maintain and retain the same company culture is to provide your employees that they need in this crisis. Your employees might be dealing with things you don't know. So, go light on them and co-operate as much as you possibly can.
While we have mentioned a few things for employers to adopt to encourage remote team building, the essence of it is to keep your employees connected at all times. This can happen through work-related activities or non-work-related activities.
For employees, it is important to keep the following pointers in mind at all times:
· Keep the working routine intact. You might behave in virtual meetings and tasks but it is important to keep things flowing as they should have otherwise in a non-remote situation.
· It is important that you work on your impression. If your boss looks at piles of unwashed dishes or your pet moving here and there he or she might consider you irresponsible and will think twice before assigning you any heavy responsibility. But if everything is in its place and there is no mess in your background it will give an impression of how professional and well-mannered you are.
· When everyone is working remotely, they may be in a different situation than us. For example, some might not have access to the internet 24/7 or some might not have access to all the material necessary for the task required to be completed. Therefore it is important to understand and communicate with all your employees individually.
· One of the biggest challenges faced by remote workers is online security of their important data. You are responsible for the security of your online work. It is important that you have a secure network and your communication and work deliveries are end-to-end encrypted. Invest in sliding webcams cover and Antivirus software.
· Communication is the key to every problem. Working remotely has its own sets of challenges therefore requires extra efforts with regards to communication. Online jobs are not possible without the use of technology. You need technology for communication with your clients and customers, you need technology for marketing and business deals and you need technology for working on your websites. The key to succeeding in jobs from home you have to be a technology expert or should at least know what to do if your devices stop working suddenly.
What communication channels can you use when you want to connect remotely? Emails, texts, phone calls, IMO, WhatsApp. Share events and tasks on the calendar to help employees stay on track and finish before the deadline. Keep the communication ongoing to get updates.
· It is extremely important when communicating remotely to be open and transparent to avoid misunderstandings.
· When you are working on a laptop or computer screen you get tired easily. You get fed up watching that screen and as a result, the speed and amount of work decrease. This affects your job at the end and which is not cool. To get rid of these little screens use a giant monitor or TV for online jobs.
· Adopt the policies of having virtual events mentioned above to foster personal growth and celebrates milestones.
· Since everyone is in this global crisis together, it is important to keep a check on each other’s health and help team members during this pandemic.
You must be logged in to post a comment.