Having worked in human resources and organisational development for 20 years I’ve enjoyed working on systems, processes and people to ensure business success and growth and supporting positive cultural development. This has ensured that I have an in-depth and practical knowledge of change management practices, frameworks and practical experience to enable me to work with a variety of business changes.
I am passionate about building people capabilities so people perform at their best, through understanding business drivers, strategy and developing and implementing people strategies to support and enable business success. With an agile approach to change management, I am able to work through the challenges and nuances of a variety of cultures, systems and other challenges to achieve results.
I have had the opportunity to work with a number of organisations across a variety of industries and yet have been able to build long term business relationships to ensure ongoing and well embedded successes. I enjoy being able to return to previous engagements to add further value and support to growing businesses.
After working in a number of large corporations, I was then able to utilize my broad experience and skills to support a variety of small to medium businesses with their HR needs in all aspects of people development. I’m a qualified executive coach and enjoy all aspects of leadership capability development, either developing individuals, facilitating the development of management teams, building customized management programs for larger groups or developing the underlying systems, processes and policies for effective people management.
As a wife and mother of 2 girls, I enjoy flexibility to spend with my family, and have been able to return to work on a full time basis now that my husband is the primary career for our girls. I am continually looking to improve both my life and that of those around me.
-Ipswich City Council-
Manager, People & Culture
Feb 2020 – Present
-Inside the Box HR-
HR/OD Professional & Executive Coach
Jun 2009 – Present
As an experienced HR Professional, I was able to utilise my skills, experience, knowledge and networks to positively impact a number of orgnaisations. While working on a variety of short and long term contracts, I covered the following key areas:
Key focus areas include:
• Leadership & Coaching expertise in one on one and group setting to build successful business outcomes
* Review and improve HR systems, processes and policies to match the business plans and future strategies
* Development of effective HR systems from recruitment, reward & recognition, performance management, team building and learning and development initiatives.
* Working with key personnel to build their skills, capability and focus for success.
* Development of HR and OD strategies which support commercial business direction.
* Ability to think and plan strategically to create and deliver pragmatic HR solutions.
* Implementation of HR systems which support business strategy & industry best practice. Ability to understand business drivers, partnering with business leaders to identify priorities and develop appropriate HR plans.
* Ability to link strategy to operational plans and project manage these through the business.
I'm currently working with a variety of small to medium businesses who require additional HR support, planning and larger HR project management expertise. These include:
* HR Planning
* Reviewing organisational design
* Assisting with interpretation of their employment conditions, Awards and contracts and developing appropriate HR Policies and employment contracts
* Development of customised management and leadership training for groups (one off and ongoing programs)
* Executive coaching for senior leaders and executives
-City of Gold Coast-
Senior Human Resources Manager
Jan 2019 – Jan 2020
Leading the HR business partners across the City.
-NSW Education Standards Authority-
HR Operations Manager
Feb 2018 – Sep 2018
NESA rebranded from Education Standards Board for NSW. Appointed in a contract role which was extended to support the improvement of their HR function, managing all HR operations, mapping processes and redesigning to improve the employee experience, responding to Audit finding to rectify functions and reduce operational and payroll risks. Developing a process to enable accurate and timely reporting.
-The Fraternity Bowling Club-
Human Resources Manager
Jul 2015 – Jul 2016
The Fraternity Club is a not-for-profit Italian Community Club.
Having been through a period of re-development of the Club, I was engaged to develop the Human Resources function and provided services on a part-time basis.
* Overview of WH&S systems and processes, training and development for staff as required to meet legal requirements
* Development of HR policies and processes and launching these to all staff via an online Application for ease of access and management which met the specific needs of this business
* design and delivery of a customised development and coaching program for Customer Service Leaders
* Identification and provision of training requirements for all staff
* Management of day to day people issues and performance improvement discussions, including a number of critical employee investigations
-Brooklyn International Group-
Jun 2014 – Mar 2015
I partnered with Brooklyn Consulting to build on the offerings I can provide and working with a skilled and capable team of people who complimented my skills. I was able to utilise my executive coaching, change management and strategic consulting skills for a broader variety of clients. I provided leadership and support to deliver on their major change projects.
Senior Organisational Development Manager
Sep 2011 – Jul 2013
Campbell Page is a not-for-profit, job services organisation, government funded.
I provided services on a part-time basis to develop their OD function. I developed their strategic OD function to enable the company to deliver to their Business Plan, and achieve high levels of employee engagement. This included development of a competency framework, talent management and succession planning for critical roles. I designed and delivered a national leadership development program, reward and recognition program, improved the induction and onboarding process and lead their organisational change management.
Some of my achievements included:
Development of a 3 year Learning & Development Plan, linking business and human resources plans.
Utilising the competency framework, created the original course material delivered a new and innovative leadership program for all levels of leadership.
-Wesfarmers General Insurance-
National HR Manager
Aug 2007 – Mar 2009
National HR Manager for Wesfarmers General Insurance, supporting Lumley Insurance and WFI.
National HR Manager for Lumley General Insurance from August 2007 until July 2008 when Lumley & Wesfarmers General Insurance merged their corporate support functions.
In taking up the role at Lumley, I developed the strategic direction for Human Resources and delivered the following outcomes:
• through research, consultation, discussion groups and business planning, developed a national HR structure, roles and accountabilities and HR Plan to support business strategy.
• Reviewed existing policies, processes and practices, including culture review to develop a HR strategy to support success and growth in a changing environment.
• I was promoted to National HR Manager for combined businesses (WFI & Lumley) and developed action plan to address gaps and build effective HR and payroll system across Wesfarmers General Insurance.
• From an administrative payroll department in Lumley, built a fully functioning HR team to provide proactive HR support based on business priorities across a national structure.
• Identified diversity as an issue and developed “Women in Wesfarmers” initiative to support gender diversity across Insurance companies. This included various events, external speakers and a mentoring program for high potential women, engaging Wesfarmers Corporate to support the program.
• Reviewed existing payroll systems & processes to identify risks and implemented process improvements, system upgrades and fixes to reduce and minimise risks and improve efficiency which also reduced audit risks and issues.
Senior HR Manager
Oct 2006 – Jul 2007
As Senior HR Manager, I had managed a team of 8 HR specialists. We provided business partnership for Product Manufacturing Team.
This was a strategic HR Position required to manage all HR activities to support the business strategy.
Group HR Manager - Kaz Group
Feb 1998 – Oct 2006
Various HR roles with Telstra
Bid Manager - HR Lead
HR Manager for Telstra Key Accounts
HR Business Partner - Marketing