I spent many a dinner table conversation of my teenage years offering my father an opinion or three on his advertising campaigns for various products. So it’s no surprise to me that I now work in marketing.
With experience from Google, Deloitte, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, General Electric, and now at Uber, I focus on employer branding and talent marketing. I get most excited about new-ness: constantly exploring new ways we can communicate with our target audiences.
I’m also focused on putting my marketing and communications skills to good use in supporting environmental and social campaigns that I really care about whether it’s as a Climate Reality Leader or as a supporter of the Recognise campaign to change the Australian Constitution to recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Outside of work, I'm in my element behind the camera, exploring new places with my big travelling backpack on, marathon-training, and (still) learning to surf.
Get involved: www.climatereality.org
Show your support: www.recognise.com.au
Join us: www.uber.com/careers
Head of Employer Brand & Marketing
Nov 2018 – Present
We’re building something people use every day. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of absolutely anything, the work we do moves the world a few steps forward.
My team is focused on bringing to life what it's really like to work at Uber. www.uber.com/careers. Watch this space for much more to come...
Owner - Marketing & Communications
Jan 2018 – Nov 2018
Working with start-ups and corporates to create more captivating and engaging experiences for their candidates, employees and customers. Projects include:
* Everlight Radiology - health tech company at the forefront of teleradiology in ANZ and the UK. Delivered the communications strategy for a global reorganisation and to drive cultural change
* Commtract - start-up connecting Communications professionals with companies. Delivered digital marketing projects and campaigns
* AMP Capital - investment house. Delivered 90 day employee engagement strategy and CEO communications to lead through adversity
Global Employer Brand & Marketing Leader
Mar 2016 – Nov 2017
GE was the first company to introduce 3D printed jet engines, one-third of the world's electricity is generated through GE's technology, and there are more than a million GE healthcare devices globally, creating 16,000 scans a minute. Mind-boggling stuff.
We're also a company that's caught lightening in a bottle, and created a chilli sauce so hot it needed specially-designed packaging normally reserved for locomotives or gas engines. Yes, really! See these for proof: http://bit.ly/2glTgJf and http://bit.ly/2grsUH9
GE's going through an incredible transformation to become the world’s leading Digital Industrial company. In a nutshell, that's about putting sensors on everything... from wind turbines to jet engines, from street lights to solar rooftops, from manhole covers to cows (!) to deliver better results for customers.
"The last decade was about the consumer internet; the next decade is about the industrial internet" and GE is at the heart of that.
My role is to build and position GE's employer brand across our growth markets (China, India, Africa, ANZ, ASEAN, Korea, Japan, Russia and the Middle East) so we can attract - and retain - the very best talent to drive this Digital Industrial transformation.
Employer Brand Manager
Jul 2012 – Mar 2016
Just as we want our employees to rave about CommBank's latest innovative product or mobile app functionality, we want our employees to talk about us as a great place to work. My role at CommBank is to make that happen.
It starts with really understanding why people worked at CommBank, defining our EVP, and bringing our employer brand to life - aligned to the CAN consumer brand.
Our people are front and centre of our employer brand strategy. We focus on creating 52,000 advocates to tell our story:
* One of the first teams globally to trial LinkedIn's Elevate employee advocacy tool enabling influencers across CommBank to share content with their online connections.
* Scaled video role profiles across the business to enable hiring managers to engage directly with potential candidates
* Enabled our senior leaders to regularly publish on LinkedIn to help showcase their business and leadership qualities.
We experiment with new technologies to attract the best talent:
* We created a virtual reality workplace experience. As part of our strategic sourcing approach, we sent Google Cardboard goggles to targeted digital talent, inviting them to download the VR app and solve a challenge in our virtual Innovation Lab
Manager - Deloitte Digital
Feb 2012 – Jul 2012
In a strategy, advisory and project management role, I delivered online and mobile solutions to clients.
- Project Manager for a 2-month client engagement in Perth to deliver a social media business case, strategy and implementation focusing on education, best practice governance, the operating model, plus social media reporting and monitoring.
- Advisory Manager to a global hotel group who wanted to increase engagement via social media with employees and customers.
- Member of Deloitte Social Media Steering Committee to assist with driving the firm's social media strategy, governance, internal communciation and implementation.
Employer Brand Manager
Oct 2007 – Jan 2012
Responsible for continually developing and implementing innovative, better and more creative ways to attract top talent to join - and then stay - at Deloitte.
Developed the employer branding strategy, particularly focused on experimenting with new ways to connect and engage with candidates. This included YouTube Only@Deloitte film festivals, using FourSquare check-ins and Facebook Places at careers events, an employee referral app JoinMe@Deloitte, the firm’s first Twitter feed @Green_Dot, creating Ask A Deloittian via our Facebook page, developing Australia’s first video job adverts, and working with a team to develop the JoinDeloitte iPhone app.
-Perisher Blue Pty Ltd-
May 2011 – Sep 2011
Jul 2007 – Sep 2007
Working with the Recruitment Marketing team across EMEA (including Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Russia and the Nordics), for roles including Head of Marketing for Region, Business and Consumer Marketing and Product Marketing Managers.
Jul 2005 – Jul 2007
Recruitment and candidate management of HR professionals across all industry sectors. Key clients included Linklaters, Accenture, Standard Chartered, Pfizer, and Innocent Drinks. Management of two internal graduate recruitment programs, networking events, and internal training.