A senior HR & Recruitment professional with significant experience in education, Publishing and Telecoms
Currently providing interim support to SMEs that have been impacted by coronavirus.
My remit has been to lead the implications on the organisations as they relate to staff. This includes restructure, reorganisation, lay-offs, changing working arrangements, redundancy, consultation, internal communications, survivor and outplacement support.
Immediately available for consultancy and contract work.
HR Consultancy and HR Services
Mar 2020 – Present
Senior HR professional with significant experience. Currently supporting SMEs to cope with the impact of covid-19 on their workforce. Happy to hear from any organisations needing help at this tough time.
-Oxford Royale Academy-
Interim Head of HR & Recruitment
Jan 2020 – Mar 2020
Oxford Royale is one of the UK's leading providers of international summer schools and year-round university preparation programmes.
I joined ORA as Head of HR & Recruitment to provide strategic HR support to the business. As with many other businesses, ORA has been impacted by coronavirus and my role is to lead the implications on the organisation as they relate to staff. This includes restructure, reorganisation, redundancy, consultation, internal communications, survivor and outplacement support.
-Saïd Business School, University of Oxford-
May 2015 – Dec 2019
In my role as HR Director at Saïd Business School, I provide the overall strategic and operational leadership for HR services across the School. I work with great colleagues in the School’s senior operational management team to implement and realise the School's ambitious 5 year plan, which is moving the School from being a youngster into a key player in the world's business school market.
I have a great HR team, and am proud of the difference we are making, and have made, to the employee experience in Oxford Saïd.
My particular areas of interest are workplace well-being and diversity & inclusion.
Head of HR
Aug 2011 – Apr 2015
As a key member of the School's senior operational management team, I provide overall strategic and operational leadership for HR services across the School, which has over 650 staff across two employing entities.
I am responsible for developing, owning and driving the School’s HR strategy in line with the School’s mission - to be a world-class business school, embedded in a world-class university.
Leading a team of 8 HR professionals, I am responsible for:
Resourcing and Talent Planning
Performance and Reward
Service Delivery and Management Information
Learning and Development
This is an exciting time in the School's evolution, and I am enjoying my key strategic role in its growth and growing maturity. I work with a great team of Senior Management, and a fantastic HR team.
-Vista Employer Services-
Lead D&I Consultant
Apr 2017 – May 2018
Working as a consultant as a member of the talented Vista team providing cutting edge & pioneering support to organisations embracing D&I to embed transformational change.
Proud to be a member of the team who are the first private sector organisation in the UK to be awarded the British Standard in Diversity & Inclusion, with an “Excellent” accreditation.
-Oxford University Press-
HR Manager, ELT & OXED
Aug 2008 – Aug 2011
HR Manager for two highly successful Publishing Divisions in OUP, supporting 600 UK and 300 overseas employees, based in 30+ countries.
Generalist HR Manager role, providing support and advice on a range of subjects globally including ER, Reward, policies, PM, severance etc etc, in line with local legal requirements
Collate a quarterly HR Metrics report, including headcount, attrition, ER stats etc
Key member of project teams - currently working to devise and implement an online appraisal system and previously worked in a project team to tender for, and select, an occupational health provider in the UK.
Trained in Hay job evaluation method, which is used across OUP UK.
Day to day management responsibility for one HR Assistant.
HR Consultant - Recognition and Policy
Feb 2007 – Apr 2008
- Acted as project lead for the "Vodafone Legends" Programme, which attracted over 3,000 peer nominations and resulted in 100 employees spending an unforgettable week in Hong Kong. I collated and co-ordinated a project team including HRBPs, Communications & IT specialists, nomination assessors and a trusted travel company to achieve the successful outcome.
- Responsible for recognition tools within Vodafone UK, including working with the on-line recognition system supplier to refresh and relaunch the system, which enabled employees to send e-cards and nominate peers for recognition and rewards.
- Worked to ensure that all Vodafone UK policies were fit for purpose, legislatively compliant and line with Vodafone values.
Senior HR Consultant- Employee Relations
May 2005 – Feb 2007
- With 2 other initial team members, we successfully worked with the business and HRBPs to roll out the (then) newly formed ER area of expertise across all of Vodafone UK's 10,000 employees
- Responsible for the provision of a high quality, expert ER service to predominantly line managers and support them with complex cases, and to manage an on-going case load of approx 50 cases
- Developed tools and scripts to equip managers to conduct ER meetings e.g. disciplinary, grievance, long term sickness, and to coach and support them through all stages of the process
- Worked collaboratively with the Policy Consultant to develop and update policies in line with changes in legislation e.g. age discrimination, maternity
HR Business Partner
Jun 2003 – May 2005
Responsible for the provision of a high quality, comprehensive and customer focused HR service to the Regional Operations business unit of Vodafone UK, with over 500 employees.
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- HR Policy Development
- Recruitment and retention
- Reward and Recognition
- Strategic planning
- Succession planning
HR Business Partner
Oct 1999 – Jan 2003
HRBP responsibility for several teams during my time at Energis, including HR, Finance, Customer Service, Billing, Supplier Services, Fault & Network Management.
- Operational HR support and guidance on a range of issues, including recruitment and selection, training and development, change management, employee relations, compensation and benefits
- Project manager for redundancy programme, including updating and training on policy and process
- Lead in salary and bonus planning process, ensuring it was managed within budget
- HR support for re-organisation programme
- Implementation of key resource programme, including identification of KRs
1992 – 1995