Innovative, solutions-oriented and results-driven professional with 17+ years of experience in various senior roles within HR. Specialising in employee transformation programmes, employee experience and strategy. Well-respected and highly organised, looking to continually evolve the role of HR in the future of work.
Group HR Employee Experience Manager
Nov 2016 – Present
- Project managed Centrica’s first EX pilot programme, accountability for £300,000 budget to prove EX concept, methodology and strategic importance.
- Developed the HR leadership business case and subsequent development of Centrica’s employee value proposition.
- Creation of an EX vision, mission and tactical toolkit for global business implementation.
- Conducted a holistic and programmatic global review of all new hire EX touchpoints and processes including talent attraction, recruiting and onboarding, implementing a range of improvements and metrics.
- Strategic ownership of proposed improvements to the HR operating model to improve the overall employee experience.
- Designed the Centrica employee lifecycle and led on employee persona creation methodology.
- Assessed all new hire and internal mobility employee journeys through a variety of personas to identify pain and gain points.
- Embedded point of need analytics combined with internal resourcing policy realising millions in cost avoidance through increased internal hiring.
- Consolidated existing employee data points and implemented new measures of employee satisfaction across the new hire journey, including NPS.
- Reviewed and created an organisation design to best provide a cost effective yet scalable solution to onboarding, including the launch of Workday Recruiting, Broadbean and Hireright.
- Led on employee participation strategy for global values.
- Led Workday HCM changes to enhance the HR employee experience.
Global Internal Communications Business Partner
Feb 2015 – Nov 2016
- Led on Group wide employee change and corporate communications for 43,000 employees.
- Project managed the creation and launch of Centrica’s values.
- Communications counsel to senior leaders at strategic level in a regulated environment.
- Led on developing and planning Group Chief Executive and Group wide employee change communications.
- Oversight and project management of global employee experience projects.
- Partnered group directors for communication planning and delivery.
- Responsible for co-ordination and execution of all leadership team events for the Group Chief Executive and his leadership team.
- Ownership of the Global roll out of the Group intranet site for both content and development.
- Responsible for the communication of high impact activity such as annual financial results to all employees using a variety of channels and platforms.
Internal Communications Manager
Apr 2013 – Jan 2015
- Business Partner and counsel to the Finance Director, HR leadership team, Procurement & Supply Chain and Fleet Leadership Team and Managing Director of British Gas Residential Services.
- Redesigned operational communications process to improve the employee experience for frontline staff.
- Developing annual internal communications strategies for the leadership team and internal business campaigns.
- Aligning employee experience to new values, driving engagement and behavioural change.
- Leading on directorate events from content development to logistical delivery and budgetary accountability.
- Aligning and identifying engagement opportunities for the leadership team around key campaigns.
- Designed communications strategies for complex employee audiences – engineers, call centre colleagues.
- Responsible for embedding employee engagement through communications based on newly launched company priorities.
Internal Communications Specialist
May 2011 – Apr 2013
- Redesigned key channels around the Olympics to drive engagement around company purpose.
- Global responsibility and delivery of all project and change communications.
- Responsible for all communications channels to drive engagement of 7,000 strong UK workforce and promote UK engagement strategies to the global UPS community.
- Project managed the launch of the UPS intranet & UK Sharepoint.
- Lead for all internal communications content during the UPS sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
-Marie Stopes International-
Communications - UK Media & Press
Jan 2011 – Mar 2011
-P3 - People Potential Possibilities-
Head of Communications & Fundraising
Sep 2008 – Oct 2010
- Strategic role on the senior management team, reporting to the Deputy CEO on all sector issues affecting the organisation.
- Developed and delivered a voluntary income generation strategy with a focus on growing sustainable unrestricted income streams for the organisation.
- Led on change communications through multiple merger activities