Accomplished, creative, versatile senior marketing and corporate communications writer, editor, and speechwriter with a diversified range of experience, specializing in financial and legal services, healthcare, digital marketing and social media, marketing, wealth management, and technology. Princeton University graduate.
• Specialist in digital marketing and social media, marketing & financial communications, technology writing, internal communications, wealth management, and executive speechwriting and scriptwriting.
• Accustomed to high-output, deadline-driven environments. Have adapted writing style to appeal to widely varying target audiences. Quickly mastered new fields.
• Adept at creating Internet and intranet content, social media posts, executive speeches, blog posts, marketing brochures, articles, emails, newsletters, video scripts, presentations, and client letters.
-Davis Personal Advisors-
Financial writer and editor
Apr 2019 – Present
Act as financial editor and writer for Davis Personal Advisors, a boutique investment firm.
Marketing Writer at Optym
Oct 2019 – Present
Write web copy, video scripts, and other marketing collateral remotely for a Florida-based transportation software company.
Feb 2019 – Dec 2019
Wrote SEO-targeted web copy and audio investment commentary (flash briefings) for BlackRock, the world’s biggest asset manager. Rewrote the majority of BlackRock’s consumer-facing website, explaining a wide variety of retirement strategies, education finance options, and investment solutions.
-Synergis (at Google)-
Oct 2018 – Jan 2019
• Wrote and managed blog posts announcing updates and changes to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms as part of Google’s G Suite of software products for business. Member of the G Suite Launch Team.
Jul 2018 – Oct 2018
• Edit and post personal finance articles on the website The Balance for Dotdash, formerly About.com.
-FAIR Health, Inc.-
Oct 2017 – Apr 2018
• Created written communications for a leading national healthcare nonprofit possessing the nation’s largest collection of private health insurance claims data, dedicated to bringing transparency to healthcare costs and health insurance information.
• Wrote marketing collateral, video scripts, web copy, articles, newsletters, conference proposals, product sheets, press releases, and bylined articles by senior management.
Corporate Scriptwriter and Writing Consultant
May 2017 – Oct 2017
• Wrote scripts on assignment in Cologne, Germany for New York engagement agency EGR International on the behalf of a major European life sciences and pharma company.
• Write marketing and engagement documents as needed by the agency for major clients.
Social Media Manager and Copywriter
Aug 2016 – May 2017
• Wrote social media posts for MFS Investment Management (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter), a leading international institutional investor and financial services organization. Originated ideas for graphics to accompany social posts. Generated reports on the social media activities of MFS competitors.
• Wrote website and banner copy for DIRECTV, a major client.
• Proofread and copyedited marketing RFPs and marketing brochures.
• Wrote scripts for video case studies centering on Bridgestone and DIRECTV client successes.
• Revised 200 blog posts and updated them online.
• Created complete content tree for iCrossing.com and inventoried all assets (over 250).
-Battea Class Action Services-
Vice President, Communications and Research
Dec 2015 – May 2016
• Directed communications at the leading securities class action filing organization
• Wrote marketing brochures, client letters, legal memos, articles, blog posts, and presentations
• Authored website content and contribute to website design and information architecture
• Helped create client newsletter
• Became knowledgeable about a new and arcane financial/legal field, securities class action filing
Marketing Communications Writer – remote-based consultant
Dec 2014 – Dec 2015
• Engaged to do all the English-language marketing writing for a prominent Taiwan semiconductor company.
• Wrote press releases regarding new product releases and made complex technical information easily understandable to the general reader. Had to master a difficult field very quickly.
Editor and writer - consultant
Mar 2014 – Dec 2015
• Wrote and edited conference materials for high-profile financial events sponsored by Barron’s, including bios and session descriptions.
Marketing Writer at Structured Products - consultant
Jul 2015 – Nov 2015
• Marketing writer for the Structured Products group of HSBC Wealth Management.
• Wrote, edited and revised brochures, product factsheets, and webinar scripts. Learned about a specialized derivative.
• Analyzed marketing videos and collateral to recommend the most effective marketing approach.
-Barclays Wealth and Investment Management-
Sep 2014 – Mar 2015
• Chief writer for the Investment Strategy group of Barclays Wealth and Investment Management.
• Edited and revised newsletters and investment articles.
• Wrote firm-wide investment news emails and other wealth management communication.
-Pryor Cashman LLP-
Web marketing writer and editor - contractor
Jun 2014 – Sep 2014
Revised and rewrote practice area descriptions for the revamped website of a major New York law firm.
Financial writer - contractor
Mar 2014 – Aug 2014
Wrote marketing materials for a Wall Street trading firm and hedge fund.
-Aneta McCoy Advisory Group-
Jan 2014 – Jun 2014
• Revised and edited marketing proposals and client communications involving leading Russian corporations such as Norilsk Nickel for a Russian corporate governance advisory group.
Senior executive speechwriter – freelance
Nov 2013 – Jan 2014
Wrote speeches for the CEO and senior management team of AXA US, the number one insurance brand in the world, for a major corporate event. Effort coordinated by Publicis, the world’s third biggest communications firm.
-RBS Citizens Bank-
Senior Internal Communications Writer - Consultant
Aug 2013 – Nov 2013
• Chief writer for the Wealth Management group, focused on internal communications
• Wrote newsletters, updates, and change communications in a high-volume environment.
-Experian Marketing Services-
Internal Communications Specialist
Apr 2012 – Dec 2012
• Hired to create an internal communications program for Experian’s Marketing Services – Global Product Development group for an audience largely of software engineers and developers. Developed and executed a communications plan and created content. Wrote extensive about leading-edge technology.
• Consulting assignment.
-Bank of New York Mellon-
VP, Senior Marketing Writer and Manager
Oct 2007 – Mar 2011
• Chief writer and editor for the Marketing division of a prominent U.S. financial services firm, specializing in the marketing of Depositary Receipts (DRs), a $3 trillion-a-year international industry. Division manager of internal communications.
• Wrote, revised, and copyedited industry reports, brochures, press releases, white papers, ghostwritten articles, product briefs, Web copy, client letters and associated documentation.
• Strategic achievements:
• Tailored the Division’s writing style for an international audience and raised it to a professional level.
• Active member of the division’s Employee Engagement Committee and head of the Communications subcommittee.
• Originated, edited and wrote the highly acclaimed internal newsletter.
• Writing consultant for a leading New York marketing and software agency specializing in helping major financial institutions sell to the affluent.
• Wrote, revised, and copyedited brochures, Web copy, fact sheets, and related promotional materials and contributed to the creation of promotional campaigns, rebranding efforts, financial seminars and the naming of financial products.
-Menta Capital LLC-
2006 – 2007
• Writing resource of a new San Francisco hedge fund; worked remotely.
• Assisted senior management in writing documents such as SEC filings and marketing and promotional materials.
Senior Financial Writer
Jul 2000 – Apr 2006
• Chief writer for one of the oldest and most prestigious wealth management firms in the U.S., founded in 1853.
• Composed speeches and Power Point presentations for CEO and senior management.
• Wrote on a very wide variety of financial topics and investment tools, strategies, and styles, including the institutional market, mutual funds, and alternative investments.
• Authored articles for the annual report and wrote a high volume of client letters, executive e-mails, talking points, FAQs, Q&As, statement stuffers, and advertising copy.
• Strategic achievements:
• Played an integral part in the Corporate Communications team that assisted U.S. Trust’s adjustment to its acquisition by Schwab, and in the midst of multiple senior leadership changes, helped effectuate many major sweeping changes during U.S. Trust’s first six years of Schwab ownership.
• Conceived and authored a groundbreaking Sales Culture article that informed employees for the first time how they could bring in new clients, giving concrete, specific advice.
• Designed the firm’s Intranet portal and architecture, developed firm’s Intranet content from scratch, and revised Internet content.
Senior Staff Writer
Dec 1996 – Jun 2000
• Chief writer for a leading national mortgage banking firm (GreenPoint Mortgage) and local New York commercial bank (GreenPoint Bank).
• Composed speeches and PowerPoint presentations for CEO and senior management.
• Wrote high volume of retail promotional and informational brochures, press releases, customer letters, statement stuffers, news bulletins, shareholder communications (quarterly report letters, year-end financial statements, and financial press releases), and three newsletters in their entirety.
• Strategic achievements:
• Through my high-volume writing output, supported the company’s expansion into a national mortgage business and growing regional bank branch network.
• Accelerated firm’s Sales Culture program by originating ideas for newsletter articles and writing in entirety the firm’s Sales Culture newsletter, Point to the Future.
• Created and wrote all company Internet and Intranet website content and was responsible for maintaining and updating Internet and Intranet websites.
-Japan Exchange and Teaching Program(me) (JET)-
Assistant Language Teacher
Aug 1995 – Aug 1996
Chosen by the Japanese government to teach English in Japan in the JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching) Program, an extremely competitive and selective international exchange program.
Young Judea Program Administrator
Sep 1994 – Jul 1995
While attending graduate school at Queens College CUNY, acted as program administrator for Hadassah’s Young Judea Program, a prominent international educational exchange program, which placed young U.S. people overseas in Israel for study. Liaised with senior management, coordinated activities, and developed databases.
-Ernst & Young-
Dec 1990 – Sep 1994
Wrote, edited, and proofread corporate and real estate valuation reports, client proposals, executive correspondence, and internal communications for National Valuation Group.
-Southern New Jersey Consortium for Gifted and Talented Children-
Gifted Children's Teacher - screenwriting & drama class
I taught a class in Television Production and Drama to gifted students for a pilot program sponsored by Johns Hopkins University
-City of Atlantic City-
Aide to the Mayor & Speechwriter
1980 – 1981
• Worked as special assistant to Mayor Joseph Lazarow, who brought legalized casino gambling to Atlantic City.
• Acted as chief speechwriter and personal representative and wrote city PR materials.
1978 – 1979
Selected for the highly competitive Columbia Pictures Writers Program in Hollywood. In 1979, Columbia Pictures purchased my political thriller DIVIDE AND CONQUER.