Built a comprehensive corporate real estate career optimizing global portfolios. Comprehensive background in: Real Estate Portfolio Management / Workplace Strategies / Site Selection / Transaction & Contract Management / Lease Administration / Mergers & Acquisitions - Integration, Assimilation Activities / Change Management / Financial Analysis / Strategic Planning / Space & Occupancy Planning / Project Management / Client Relationship Management / Architectural Design / Construction / Operations / Workplace Solutions / Facility & Asset Management / Sustainability / Processes, Tools, Policies / Overseeing Transformation, Change & Innovation.
Sr. Client Strategy Consulting Manager / Site Strategy Manager / Program Manager
Jun 2016 – Present
Supported diverse complex strategic goals for Cisco Systems:
* Carried-out the San Jose Headquarters master plan to completion (7M sq. ft.). Developed comprehensive site strategy scenarios to support client decision making efforts, while also integrated and aligned ongoing activities including acquisitions.
* Key contributor to a major campus renovation project consisting of 32 buildings, totaling 5,365,006.3 Gross Square Feet.
* Supported the decommissioning of 11 underutilized buildings & optimized the remaining buildings.
* Provided space analysis, migration, swing strategy and building loading targets. Consolidated and re-aligned 18K+ headcount.
* Served as Engagement Lead for WPR (Workplace Resources) and key liaison among stakeholders.
Real Estate & Finance Management, Sr. Client Relationship Manager
Mar 2003 – Oct 2013
Portfolio Optimization. Maximized capacity, averted long term financial risk, and positioned properties to yield the highest economic return.
-Veritas Software Corp / Symantec-
Sr. Manager of Strategic Planning & Design
May 2001 – Dec 2002
Managed the Global space function of 2.4M RSF: 61 permanent sites and 56 executive suites throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. Defined and implemented space strategies to support VERITAS' short term and long-term business requirements. Supported 5,700 employees in 36 countries. Provided real estate business focus. Ensured VERITAS capitalized on near term opportunities, while averted long-term financial risk. Re-structured the real estate portfolio: maximized space usage and reduced excess capacity. Created space studies, optimized occupancy, resulting in a reduction of $90Million in committed occupancy expenses.
Planning & Arch. Design - Sr. Lead Planner: Mergers & Acquisitions
1996 – 2001
* Played key role in the expansion and implementation of space from 804K sq. ft. to over 20M sq. ft.
Led major restructuring project, which entailed realigning over 20,000 employees in 1 yr.
* Major contributor to the architectural design phase and construction management process of large developments.
* Assumed responsibility for the space requirements of the largest and fastest growing Engineering LOB and it's supporting organizations, of which at a given point in time, became 75% of the company.
* Successfully led & integrated numerous Business Acquisitions: Netsys Technologies, Combinet, Ardent Communications, Granite Systems, Komodo, Cerent, Vovida, VBits, Pipelinks, etc. Assimilated acquisitions seamlessly into the business structure.
Facilities Planner - (Conner Peripherals/Seagate Techology)
1995 – 1996
Managed large facility projects in California and participated in projects for Mexico and Singapore - from master planning through occupancy. Designed, planned and project managed specialty projects such as: Clean Rooms, Vacuum, R & D and Test Labs including open and enclosed office furniture fit-ups. Led diverse vendors/service providers in the fulfillment of specialty equipment and carrying-out installations.
Participated in the corporate acquisition and transition of Conner Peripherals by Seagate and supported the assimilation and transition of facilities.
-Hulme Chadwich & Partners Ltd. Architects-
Jan 1990 – Feb 1995
Sample of Projects: Barclays Bank, Mobil Oil, Marks & Spencer, Woolworth, Access Credit Card, Lillywhites Sports Shop, Hamleys Toy Shop, etc.