I have spent 14 years working in HR and it has been extremely rewarding and fulfilling.
Specialties and Interests: Employee Engagement, Change Management, Succession Planning, Recognition, Goal Setting, Strategic HR, Stay Interviews, Conflict Resolution, Leadership/Executive Development, HR Policy Design and Administration, Employee Relations, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Retention, Training, Culture, Performance Management, HR Technology, Career Development, Vendor Negotiation and Employee Benefits.
Oct 2018 – Present
Responsible for supporting 800 PepsiCo Global R&D associates.
-New York City Economic Development Corporation-
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
Aug 2014 – Sep 2018
Responsible for leading and managing key areas including company-wide performance management, succession planning, leadership development, career development and recognition programs. In addition, my role also involves serving as a strategic HR Business Partner to several major departments.
- Devised and deployed a recognition program that encourages more regular recognition and is inclusive of recognition from all levels in the organization.
- Revamped the Succession Planning process and digitized entire process in SAP’s SuccessFactors.
- Wrote a company-wide Performance Management Manual.
- Introduced and trained executives on stay interviews.
- Managed the successful cleanup of an old HRIS system (Sage Abra).
- Created and rolled out a career architecture matrix.
- Successfully managed the the annual engagement survey process.
HR Business Partner
Jul 2011 – Jul 2014
Strategic HR Business Partner to several major departments. Additionally, responsible for project managing and leading key company-wide training HR initiatives and programs.
- Designed and deployed the company’s first leadership development program for high potential and high performing employees.
- Developed and implemented a highly regarded Executive Coaching program that is aimed at developing the organization’s senior leaders.
- Managed the entire recruitment process for a variety of roles and proved effective in finding, negotiating and hiring top-notch candidates.
Apr 2008 – Jun 2011
First HR hire at this international communications start-up. I began with the company as an HR Administrator and under my direction the role evolved into a true business partnership and I was promoted to HR Manager.
- Increased employee engagement by organizing regular skip-a-level meetings and launching an Annual Employee Appreciation Week.
- Designed and deployed a performance review that was job-specific and promoted continuous education.
- Identified alternative quality and cost-effective benefit program options. The company was able to maintain competitive benefit options and pricing year after year.
- Rewrote the entire company-handbook to fit company culture and practices.
- Implemented an applicant tracking system.
Oct 2005 – Mar 2008
Responsible for payroll, benefits, HRIS reporting and personnel file maintenance at this telecommunications firm.
- Streamlined the payroll process, cutting weekly processing time by 20%.
- Eliminated excess retro payments by notifying management of review dates on a timely basis.
- Wrote an HR Procedure handbook with step-by-step directions on various processes in the HR department.
Fashion and Editorial Intern
Dec 2004 – Jan 2005
During this 5 week internship, I helped the Fashion department with the organization of incoming and outgoing fashion samples. I also completed research on various topics for the Editorial department.
Executive Management Intern
Jun 2004 – Aug 2004
This 12 week leadership development internship consisted of shadowing 6 different department managers and spearheading two special projects. I focused in HR for my special projects.