Corona Virus Update: I'm now working with many leaders (Owners, Founders, Directors, C-Suite etc.) supporting them as they make tough decisions. If you would appreciate a confidential conversation (to vent?), a sounding board, fresh perspective and exploration of possible opportunities, book a 30 or 60 minute call for free here: https://calendly.com/mark-bateman/
As one CEO said in the last week: "I feel invigorated, I can't wait to speak to my team".
For many this pandemic is closing down your business - the sense of hopelessness, grief and anger can be overwhelming.
For others, there are actions you can be taking now that could save you, and your employees. Sometimes it needs someone outside of bubble to help you see it.
For the fortunate few, you can't cope with the demand.
Whichever group you fall in, I can help you chart a course focussing on both you, and your business.
I disrupt senior leaders and their teams to achieve meaningful purpose, increase market share and EBITDA.
Commercially astute leadership specialist, executive coach, facilitator, disruptor, speaker.
• Bringing fresh, dynamic, incisive insight to drive growth, solve problems, achieve goals
• Unlocking high performing teams
• Driving true, purpose lead, engagement
Currently writing a book on disruptive leadership.
Personal track record
* Successful entrepreneur; started grew and sold my own multimillion pound business, helped many others scale and sell
• Worked with hundreds of FTSE CEOS/directors to improve leadership and organisational performance
• Masters in Leadership Coaching & Mentoring
• Highly intuitive, supportive and challenging, I get to the heart of issues quickly
• Over 100,000 hours of facilitating, supporting, training, coaching, NED, speaking
• Over 1,500 hours executive coaching to senior leaders/managers
You might know some of the above under the following more widely used phrases;
• Executive/Board/Leadership Coaching
• Developing and changing organisational culture
• Bespoke leadership/management development programmes
• Redefining vision, values, purpose and strategy
• Facilitation, speaking, engaging, challenging, visionary
• Non Executive Director
• Masters Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
• Prost Grad qualifications in human psychology
• British Psychology Society Accredited (Ability and Personality)
• Accreditations: Engage Master Coach, ILM72 Leadership & Management Styles Assessor, UK Government Leadership Management and Sales Trainer, UK Government Business Growth Services Coach, Corporate Coach
Jul 2010 – Present
Having started and sold my own business I understand the pressures unique to leadership. I've also started three other businesses, and known the challenge of not succeeding. I've worked with over 150 businesses to drive growth, sales (as well as company sale), and leadership effectiveness. I have a Masters in Leadership Coaching so am able to apply valuable research and models to your situation.
I quickly get to the root of your real issues, and facilitate powerful long lasting change.
* Challenging, supportive, a pleasure to work with, highly engaging and results driven *
++ Leadership & Management Development: bespoke approaches
++ Executive Coaching/Leadership Coaching
++ Board effectiveness and performance
++ Culture change, vision, strategy
++ Facilitation, speaking
Key words: executive coaching london, executive coach london, leadership coaching, business coaching, facilitation, speaking, non executive director expertise and focussed bespoke leadership/management development/training.
See our website; welcomeinsight.com for more detail.
-Engage Coach International-
Jun 2016 – Apr 2018
Engage is an innovative mindset diagnostic tool which drives organisational performance through people change.
The Engage AIM methodology allows organisations to:
* Assess psychological barriers to change, performance and success
* Intervene with data driven approaches to overcome blockers/enablers
* Measure impact over time, providing powerful ROI data
The Engage based interventions support individual, team, group or whole organisational development programmes. Engage lends itself very well to any people aspect of change.
Engage is built on cognitive behavioural and coaching psychology. As a state based tool it is different from the other personality psychometrics tools out there which measure types and traits.
Engage is perfect for any organisation seeking to get to the heart of that which holds back, and what accelerates, successful change and development.
Welcome Insight is now a premium partner (see above).
Executive Coach London, Executive Coaching London
Founder and CEO
Jan 2003 – Jul 2011
Mark founded and grew the business into a multimillion pound global consultancy firm. A top Oracle Platinum Partner consultancy firm providing complex technology/ERP solutions to a blue chip, global, client base. With offices in the Midlands and London, we often competed against global consultancies - winning million pound contracts in the process.
Mark drove business growth through his highly engaging, visionary and passionate style. His roles included business development and account management, sales team management (once he'd hired them), complex bids/proposals and tenders, building/maintaining relationships with CxOs at blue chips, staying strategic yet ensuring operational excellence, recruiting and developing the right staff, high levels of employee engagement and retention, full P&L responsibility, systems and processes and all the other aspects of running a fast growth firm.
In 2008 he handed over day to day responsibility to his senior management team and went on a sabbatical to study his passion at post graduate level - all aspects related to leadership/people development.
After an extensive due diligence process, Mark sold the business in its entirety to Inoapps on the 1st July 2011. No staff were made redundant, and the company has continued its meteoric rise. Those that worked at Teamsolve speak of it as the highlight of their career. It was a special time for all of us.
Teamsolve's clients included Swiss Re, Lloyds, HBOS, KPMG, JP Morgan, Nortel, Central Government, London Borough Councils, Dept Work & Pensions, Rural Payments Agency, other local government bodies and a range of other sectors large and small. We delivered high end consulting, development, training and managed services (ITIL, SLAs) covering Oracle e-Business Suite/Fusion (Financials, HR, CRM, Manufacturing), Business Intelligence, a range of public sector applications, and bespoke development projects.
Oct 1999 – Dec 2002
Teamsolve was setup as a vehicle for Mark to work as an independent consultant - delivering high end consulting services to the likes of BT, Willis Faber, the Labour Party, local government and Standard & Poor's.
May 1996 – Sep 1999
* High profile consultant role liaising with key stakeholders within and outside of BT to ensure IT solutions met business requirements. Just one key project where I took the technical lead on was BT's premium rate inbound calling system, a £350m system, which was successfully implemented meeting all business and operational requirements.
* Responsible for liaising with the business owners of 150 disparate business critical applications running on Oracle environments, ensuring the environments were proactively managed in line with 24/7 business requirements.
Worked through my own company Teamsolve.
Senior Architect - Oracle
Aug 1995 – Apr 1996
I was the Senior Architect for the GUIDE project - rewriting Guardian's (as it was known at the time) Household Insurance System. It was a 40 man team project. Worked alongside Andersons (now defunct!) .
Jan 1992 – Jul 1995
A key member of the team developing and supporting Informa's Shipping Information Database tracking all vessels, their ownership structure and movements globally. Played a lead role in the development and production of large complex Lloyd's of London insurance directories (print), winning a national desktop publishing award in the process. Business applications developer, Oracle database administrator, operating system administrator for Informa's Shipping Information Database.