You are welcome to contact me at: Subbu.Hegde23@gmail.com
I am a hands-on, strategic global real estate and facility management leader who’s built high performing Fortune 500 company teams for 18+ years. I have managed real estate portfolios of 30+ offices, three million sq. ft. with 15,000+ employees and budgets to $60M+. I have successfully led collaborative teams and managed complex strategic global real estate projects, portfolio and facility management, policy implementation, developing capex and Opex budgets, building offices and campus facilities, R&D labs, data centers, project management. I have also successfully executed multi-million projects and built world class office spaces, R&D labs & data centers in China, India, Singapore and Malaysia to fuel the business growth.
My passion is enhancing customer experience using new technologies and resources to create sustainable, safe, cost effective, and scalable real estate solutions. I have proven leadership skills and ability to build a trusted business adviser relationship with global leaders and communicate with the C-suite from a business perspective.
My strengths include business acumen, strategic portfolio management, transactions & legal due diligence, M&A divestiture initiatives, data analytics and business partnering to drive sustainable results.
I am a focused problem solver working within a multi-cultural, multi-tasking fast-paced environment. I provide innovative thought leadership and seek continual opportunities to optimize & improve space efficiency, realize cost savings as well as single point of accountability and trusted to lead multi-year, high visible strategic initiatives.
Leadership Core Competencies:
• Global Real Estate & Facility Management Executive
• Chartered Facility Management Surveyor
• Strategic Planning and Execution Leader
• Growth-Focused Real Estate Portfolio Program Director
• Global IFM Strategist and Planner
• Hands-On Budgeting, Capex and Opex Manager
• M & A and Divestiture Program Manager
• Global Regulatory & Statutory Body Liaison
• Emergency Management Expert
• Multicultural Communicator.
-Corporate Real Estate and Infrastructure Projects-
Program Manager - Management Consultant
Jan 2019 – Present
Direct and Manage facilities operations as single point of contact for all facility/Real Estate matters. Develop RFP/Bid documents for infrastructure projects. Spearhead business development initiatives and project implementations throughout U.S and Canada. Work closely with Sales, marketing and engineering team to provide presales support to help customers understand value. Play key role in project due diligence, entitlements, permitting, design consultant management, contracting and budgeting, value engineering, construction management and oversight, move-in, and facility operations. Coach and guide project team and resource management to ensure effective deliverables. Provide consulting and expert advice to organizations regarding effective real estate portfolio management, CAFM, IoT and real estate technologies and smart facility management to facilitate cloud personnel from a REFM perspective.
- Provide consultation on research studies.
- Mentor and coach young leaders, helping them with research studies, providing expert advice for their professional certifications and higher studies.
- Representing in Industry forums and participating in panel discussions.
Regional Manager-Global Real Estate and Facility Management
Sep 2016 – Oct 2018
• Led the team and implementation of tactical and strategic activities with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service and the capacity to plan and scale. Portfolio management of 30+ offices, over 3 million sq. ft. with 10,000+ employees in the region.
• Developed, executed and managed national/international real estate strategy that enabled the company to have adequate space & workplace environment that is safe, productive, and fun.
• Developed and implemented global design, construction and graphics standards to maintain compliance to global design, a real estate dashboard and facilities standard that aligns with key industry metrics and benchmark.
• Drove operational excellence, Implemented CAFM and Real estate technology application initiatives globally.
• Achieved savings of $2M on capital and $0.6M in operating expenses, space optimization by 8-9% YOY, and vacant seats reduction by 50%. Implemented utilization plan and governance to accelerate efficiency.
• Directed strategic capital planning, MAC & facilities operations, ensured cross functional coordination, M&A, legal due diligence and Transitional Service Agreement to support the business transitions and successful change management.
• Built, developed & coached cohesive IFM team of regional director, FM’s, sourcing specialists and space planners.
Sr Facility Engineering Manager - Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services
Apr 2011 – Oct 2015
• Developed and executed 1-3-5-year real estate strategic plans, drove governance and innovation to accelerate team efficiency globally.
• Developed and executed real estate, facility management strategies, plans& day to day operations for APAC 15 locations, 2M sq. ft. offices with 2500 employees in the region with full budget responsibility.
• Developed and implemented facilities standards, policies (ERP, EHS etc.,) and processes that aligned with global industry metrics and benchmark. Implemented process automation, CAFM/IWMS real estate technology applications.
• Led multiple real estate transactions, negotiations working with both internal and external legal counsel and M&A divestiture and MAC projects and the new campus projects in US, EMEA and Asia.
• Led the APAC regional team during worldwide business divestiture to Seagate and helped them to establish India operations with necessary statutory license, permits etc.
• Built world class 10K sq.ft. Tier2 data center in record time for 2nd big R&D center. Saved more than $500K. In addition, managed a $10M, high visibility campus project in China, achieving business consolidation saving of $4M in cost avoidance.
• Slashed 30% of operating spends YOY, developed annual spend of $30M expenses and $20M capital budgets.
• Hired, trained and stabilized high performing team of 15 full time technical and 20+contract employees that managed critical functions including regional managers, security, and MEP, hospitality and employee amenities. Coached & mentored them to be next leaders who successfully lead the team.
Manager – Global Real Estate & Facilities
Sep 2001 – Apr 2011
• Developed and executed facilities strategic plans and operations for 23-acre own campus including 2M sq. ft. office space with 10,000+ employees. Established facilities operations to support new BPO division of 5,000+ employees.
• Led the team and developed real estate and facility strategies, procedures, plans, renovations and performance metrics and analytical tools to effectively measure and benchmark.
• Effectively implemented BCP, ERP, EH&S Policies. Spearheaded the team in process improvements that helped HP to win BS 7799, ISO 14001 and ISO 20000/27001 successful certifications.
• Led the team in Integration of DEC, Compaq- HP merger. HP- EDS-MphasiS transition with office, people, and asset moves.
• Collaborated with varied advocacy & catalyst groups and led the team to improve employee experience. Implemented various employee engagement programs.
• Developed and implemented travel desk, visa/immigration workflow and employee travel policies. Served as point of contact with various consulates, travel management companies.
• Achieved savings of US $5M YOY operating expenses. Developed and implemented multiple process automation from manual to electronic. Results eliminated human errors, increased efficiency, accuracy, improved control and accountability, improved employee experience and process discipline across global locations.
• Provided leadership, vision, coach and career growth opportunities to high performing 35+ employees.