Usman Daré Saliu-Ibiefo is an accomplished, motivated and result-driven talent and organizational development, learning, and Instructional design performance excellence coach, human resource management professional, with extensive experience in management development programs adult learning and instructional design aligned with overarching organizational performance goals. I am adept at utilizing consultative, customer focus and action-oriented business partner approach to design cost-effective talent management and learning programs. Dedicated and resourceful, nimble learner and an excellent communicator with the ability to manage ambiguity while navigating complex environments.
Director Talent Development
Mar 2020 – Present
-Affinity Health Plan-
Program Manager - Learning and Organizational Development
2016 – Feb 2020
• Served as internal subject-matter-expert on talent and organizational development.• Partner with internal resources and external learning experts on the design, development, and implementation of integrated and sustainable development programs and practices for professional development, management and leadership development.
• Partnered with human resources and business leaders to identify learning and development needs and priorities while leveraging insights from Performance Management, Talent Reviews, and assessments to assess learning & development needs.
• Partnered with internal stakeholders to design and deliver Performance Management process and create supportive learning to build skills in the Performance Management space.
• collaborated with the HR Talent Acquisition to identify synergies between teams and ensure learning & development programs are incorporated into our recruiting efforts and employee lifecycle.
• Utilized multiple instructional design options and learning methodologies (e.g., classroom, online, blended, distance learning methods) leading to creative and innovative learning solutions.
• Assessed organization culture dynamics in partnership with executive leadership and culture change consultants to design culture change plans and develop change activities to meet culture alignment objectives.
• Developed and implement change management strategy and plan to support initiatives through deployment of Vendor Change Methodology, these initiatives include culture shift, restructuring and work transitions.
• Enabled stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, impact analysis, communications, business readiness, deployment, and adoption measurement.
Instructional Designer and LMS Administrator - Employee Engagement
2015 – 2016
• Designed distance and blended learning courses, using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches.
- Developed dynamic, experiential virtual learning session designs including macro designs, micro designs and training and producer scripts.
- Works with subject-matter experts to develop distance learning programs.
- Developed storyboards for e-tools, e-learning courses, and videos.
- Designed and developed videos, animations, and e-games.
- Designed and delivered virtual Instructor-Led Training sessions.
• Facilitated virtual learning events.
• Contributes expertise and innovative approaches.
- Leveraged leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to integrate distance learning applications into trainings and convening.
- Responded to on-demand requests that focus on curriculum development and the use of technology.
Consultant - Compliance & Ethics Training
Mar 2015 – Sep 2015
• Managed the Enterprise Learning Management System and responsible for the roll-out of mandatory compliance training and provided reports for regulatory audits as needed.
• Gathered and maintained data documentation for relevant compliance metrics and management reporting protocols to update senior management on effectiveness and implementation of the compliance programs.
• Led the design and development of online training for the Medical Sales, Marketing, R&D and Corporate personnel for the Allergan – Actavis merger crossover training.
• Maintained and ensured training data integrity for Compliance and Ethics course curriculums.
• Revised and updated regulatory training (self-paced) e-Learning content that aligned with and integrates into the overarching compliance training curriculum.
• Managed and monitored training vendors’ contracts relationships and software providers.
Global HR, Training & Organizational Development Lead.
Oct 2012 – Aug 2014
• Optimized change management efforts by providing consultative support, guidance, and framework for leading and managing change across global operations
• Led staff development workshops covering topics such as performance management, conveying effective feedback, communication and active listening, presentation skills, managing across levels and embracing change in a virtual global workplace
• Evaluated business initiatives and recommended the appropriate organizational talent development interventions to meet organizational goals
• Participated in the compliance review program to ensure firm compliance to USAID and private donors project regulations.
• Provided global HR service offerings that aligned solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scalable, and Repeatable.
Learning and Organizational Development / Human Resource Specialist
Jan 2011 – Oct 2012
• Managed global talent acquisition and selection strategies to ensure positions requisitions were filled in a timely manner.
• Analyzed international non-profit salary surveys data to identify industry benchmark and international recruiting cost saving opportunities.
• Implemented comprehensive recruitment strategies through analyzing the enterprise workforce trends, assessing needs and developing short and long-range workforce plans in partnership with the Global Director HR/OD.
• Partnered with country project leaders and local HR personnel in identifying essential job tasks leading to the design of title and competency map.
• Coordinated and ensured that all new hire paperwork was properly processed
• Researched and provided updates on labor laws and legislative changes to mitigate risks in states and federal labor compliance.
• Managed pre/post implementation phase of projects such as a new HRMS system (SageHRMS) and Time Reporting System (Dovico).
• Designed and facilitated systems user inter-phase training organization-wide for newly implemented systems across global operations.
Graduate Recruiter & Branding Coordinator
Jan 2008 – Sep 2009
• Designed and implemented several marketing workshops for graduate career fairs to promote the Rutgers graduate programs in Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
• Represented the HR Master’s program in a tri-states graduate panel discussion to promote a five years academic program initiative with other universities
• Provided research and admin support to the Director of Human Resource Masters program.
• Developed creative platforms and communication in line with the University’s media strategy and branding while leveraging collaborative relations with Students Career Services
HR Management Associate – Institutional Clients Group
May 2008 – Aug 2008
• Supported staff with employee relations issues in partnership with the Manager of HR-ICG for North America.
• Ensured effective implementation of all performance management tools and processes for the corporate organization
• Effectively escalated and communicated potential HR issues with recommended employee relations solutions and risk management
• Designed and implemented a quarterly training program to facilitate the transfer of FINRA-Series 7 content knowledge to selected high performing Global Hedge Funds and Derivatives associates
• Led and collaborated with a select group of IT personnel to design and lunched an internal job posting website for internal job for the Derivative Hedge Fund group
• Met and exceeded all quality benchmarks in the response to employee inquiries regarding general HR queries, policies and procedures, benefits and compensations, performance management
-The Kintock Group-
Training, Quality Assurance & Accreditation Specialist
Dec 2005 – May 2008
• Designed and conducted comprehensive Instructor Led training modules to strengthen organizational capacity across seven (7) company locations.
• Designed and/or oversaw vendor preparation of training materials for compliance training workshops, learning modules and other materials for distribution to program participants.
• Standardized and enriched onboarding processes to ensure new hire onboarding training delivery is consistent with contracting agency (New Department of Corrections) policies
• Analyzed key training metrics to supports agency accreditation standard with American Corrections Association.
• Conducted training need assessments for hard-to-place applicants to design and facilitate appropriate training mechanisms based on defined learning outcomes for work readiness, job placements and academic placement for community re-entry initiatives
• Exceeded re-entry employment placement benchmark and retention rate by 75% through a high-level partnership with civic and community resource centers, vocational training programs for hard-to-place applicants
• Effectively negotiated certification programs with Drake Institute, Bloomfield College, Lincoln Tech, Capri Institute and Essex County College leading to the enrollment of 37 resident clients
-National Assembly, Abuja, NIGERIA-
HR Communication Specialist – Diplomatic Liaisons
Nov 1999 – Aug 2005
• Led delivery of training modules while managing liaisons oversight for over 2,655 legislative and administrative associates in support of The New Partnership for Economic Development (NEPAD), African Union
• Provided multiyear and management coordination support for the development of the Personnel Cost Budget for the Nigerian National Assembly
• Participated in strategy development sessions and applied knowledge gained to all aspects of solicitations and technical proposals for staffing needs in compliance with the Nigerian Federal government civil service recruitment quota structure
• Managed potential personnel issues, assessed impact of diplomatic assignees reaction to ensure that policy recommendations are followed with the Nigerian National Assembly (NASS) objectives in regional relations policy
• Facilitated special projects, including but not limited to, support for organization of Economic Community for West African States regional conferences, meetings, representational events and bilateral delegations