More than 20 years’ experience leading global internal communications teams and strategic initiatives, thriving in both traditional corporate and consulting settings. Executive and HR/change communications are my specialties, with a proven track record of insight and diplomacy to earn leaders’ trust. I influence and advise new leaders to communicate with employees regularly via a variety of channels. I bring in-depth experience advocating for employee awareness and understanding throughout significant change and disruptive uncertainty.
Sep 2016 – Present
-Speak for Yourself Communication Workshop Series-
Creator and Instructor
Apr 2016 – Apr 2017
Guide women in post-prison recovery programs to create their elevator speech, helping them find the confidence to identify, speak and believe in their attributes that will influence positive first impressions when meeting the people who will help re-launch them back into society.
-Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.-
Associate Director, Internal Communication
Apr 2015 – Apr 2016
Led internal communication for all corporate functions, influencing leaders to communicate via multiple channels and prepare employees for significant growth and change.
Change Communication Consultant
Dec 2014 – Apr 2015
Led communication strategy, designed change communication plan and all deliverables for SAP implementation at a luxury designer.
-Internal & Executive Communication-
Strategic Communication Consultant
Jan 2014 – Nov 2014
Specialized in Internal, Executive and HR Communication. Passionate about arming employees going through potentially disruptive change with the information they need to be prepared, and remain engaged, productive, and proud brand stewards in their communities.
Sr. Director, Executive and Employee Communication
Mar 2012 – Dec 2013
Designed and led internal communication strategy for a global, family-owned, privately-held $5B medical products company that employs 9,000 people who manufacture and distribute in 90 countries. Also:
• Led company reputation efforts, earning the company recognition as a 2012 Chicago Tribune Top Workplace, 101 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Company. 101 National Best and Brightest Company, Loyola University Illinois 2012 Family Business of the Year – Large Family category and 2013 Annual Award for Business Excellence
• Designed and led targeted communication strategy to meet unique needs of 1,300 global sales people.
Director, Global Communication
Dec 2010 – Feb 2012
Directed global internal communication strategy for family-owned 125-year-old company that employs 12,000 people in 70 countries that sells consumers’ favorite air care, home cleaning, home storage, pest control and shoe care megabrands; effectively managing and developing seven direct reports and other consultants. Also:
• Ensured alignment with the five-year strategy. Led ongoing employee awareness and education of this strategy, using leader communication channels and two-way employee communication to encourage adoption
• Designed and led communication strategy for the SC Johnson acquisition of Sara Lee’s insecticide and shoe care businesses spanning more than 50 countries and multiple closing dates.
Senior Manager and Internal Communication Consultant
Sep 2007 – Dec 2010
Directed communications for internal HR departments for leading global human resources outsourcing, benefits administration and consulting firm for more than 3,000 large and mid-sized companies, has 23,000 employees in 40 countries. Also:
• Advised senior leaders who have goals to raise employee engagement and perceived employee value proposition.
• Developed communication strategies for engagement and client satisfaction surveys, annual enrollment, new policies, new systems, change initiatives for performance management and organizational changes, multi-year Finance ERP, and learning and diversity initiatives.
• Served as managing editor for employee intranet, assessing content, usage and initiating enhancements and led company’s employee video channel that produced 2-3 new videos per week.
Manager, Corporate Communication
Jun 2004 – Aug 2007
Designed and executed global communications strategy for a leading global biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapeutics based on advances in cellular and molecular biology. Also:
• Created strategic communication plans for key programs including companywide compliance and competitive intelligence awareness, career and titling framework, new hire orientation, and global compensation and rewards programs for executives and staff.
• Led HR communications on integration team for Abgenix and Avidia mergers.
• Created strategy for capital projects and events team to ensure staff awareness and safety when accommodating rapid site growth and celebrating major company milestones.
-Financial Services and Biotechnology clients-
Corporate Communication Consultant
Oct 2003 – Jun 2004
Corporate Communication Consultant for clients including a leading biotechnology company and major global financial services company, serving prior and future employers during Illinois-to-California relocation
Manager, Employee Communication
Apr 2001 – Sep 2003
Manager, Employee Communication, with an emphasis on executive, merger and acquisition, and crisis communications, for the second-largest financial services organization in the world
Internal Communication Specialist
Oct 1999 – Mar 2001
Produced and supported corporate videos, executive roadshows and new company brand identity for technology services consulting firm created following merger of Whitman-Hart and USWeb/CKS in 2000; employed 10,000 employees worldwide before declaring bankruptcy in 2001
May 1994 – May 1999
Newscast Producer for KCRG’s No.1-rated morning news program which generated the station’s largest revenue; produced coverage of presidential visits, national and local political campaigns and telethons