A strategic and innovative HR Executive who formulates business vision into HR practice, improving performance, profitability, growth and employee engagement. A genuine influencer who thrives on tough challenges, translating objectives and strategies into actionable value added goals.
Signature HR Qualifications
Change Management; HR Best Practices; Organisational Development; Workforce Planning; M&A Strategies, TUPE Legislation & Due Diligence; Employee Relations & Diversity; HR Policy, Process & Systems Design; Employee Performance Improvement; Leadership Development, Recruitment, HR Web Site Development.
Sep 2019 – Present
-ERJ CONSULTANTS LTD-
Sep 2015 – Dec 2019
HR Management Consultancy
-WIRRAL ACADEMY TRUST-
Director of Human Resources
Jan 2018 – Dec 2018
To promote excellence in people by delivering innovative HR programs and strategies ensuring the HR Organisation model inspires all people to reach their full potential where their contributions and discoveries advance a first class 6th Form College
Regional HR Manager
Jul 2008 – Dec 2017
A multi-site International Speciality Chemical Distribution Company, employing 1300 employees within a matrix structure, covering 6 International Business Areas, with head office based in Belgium. Responsible for 1 HR Manager, 3 HR Adminstrators and small Business Support Team
Instrumental in the implementation of HR practices across UK, Ireland, the Nordic Countries and Canada. Working closely with the Regional MD and Senior Management team to develop and implement HR initiatives across the Regions of responsibility, including extensive travel across a complex matrix organisational structure.
In conjunction with areas of responsibility, supporting the HR Director across Europe with new HR initiatives for the Group
* Management Development at senior level
* Driving and facilitating the 'talent' process as well as succession planning
* Actively responsible for Leadership Development & Change Management
* Taking the lead in the recruitment of senior positions
* Driving and delivering the strategic vision for the Group
* Successfully led the International implementation of the web based HR Information System
* Developed a strategic performance management system, linked to bonus and performance.
* Selected external partners to develop a comprehensive recruitment toolkit to improve calibre of
* Successfully implemented a Global Grading structure across all 9 Regions.
* Actively introduced and developed a Management Development Programme across the UK and
Nordic Regions, specifically designed for succession planning, retention and development.
* Strategically harmonised T&C's for all management grades for UK, Nordic & Canada.
* Manage an annual HR budget of £200,000
* Effectively manage all tribunal claims and compromise agreements across UK & Nordic Region
* Manage pay negotiations for UK and Nordic Regions
* Extensive knowledge of TUPE legislation
* Actively Introduce HR policies and processes
-Stanley Genting Casinos-
Senior HR Manager
Apr 2003 – Jun 2008
Responsible for HR operations in 40 casinos across the Provincial Estate. Working alongside the Managing Director and Operations Managers, addressing HR & ER issues as well as developing a strong partnership with the trade union.
* Successfully completed the TUPE transfer of 300 staff for three acquired casinos in the Southern
* Managed the delivery of an internal and external website for all on-going recruitment.
* Successfully introduced and delivered a competency based selection process, along with a
performance appraisal system for all grades of management.
* Successfully led pay negotiations for the company for 3 years running
* Introduced a structured Management Fast Track Programme, to develop internal management
opportunities within the business.
Area HR Officer
Sep 2000 – Apr 2003
Responsible for all HR and ER matters across 60 convenience outlets, as well as a distribution operation. A company strongly oriented to ethical issues, placing a great deal of emphasis on employee engagement.
* Reduced absence from 8.1% to 3% through the introduction of an effective absence monitoring
* Developed and introduced new recruitment and selection processes, along with succession
planning and Training Needs Analysis.
* Negotiated wage settlements with Unions well within budgetary requirements.
* Facilitated successful TUPE transfers of staff to Co-op Group.
-Safeway Stores Plc-
Nov 1992 – Sep 2000
Extensive experience in many aspects of the HR function, including recruitment, disciplinary and grievance practices and procedures, succession planning and developing training programs.