Connect Leaders & Teams for High Performance │ Create Programs that Build Engagement
Nationally accredited, award-winning communicator and engagement expert. Highly effective at leading and executing global employee programs, driving strong participation, engagement and performance. Recognized for cross-functional team leadership, relationship building, planning, measurement and insights.
Employee Experience | Engagement & Culture | Recognition Programs & Events
Strategic Communications Planning & Measurement | Focus Groups & Interviews
Global Organizational Survey Programs | Research, Insights & Action Planning
Director, Internal Communications, USIS Business Transformation
Dec 2019 – Present
Equifax is transforming its business in 2020 to help our customers grow and win! I'm on the Customer Engagement team for the United States Information Solutions (USIS) Business Transformation, helping employees understand, embrace and adopt key changes that will benefit our customers.
Jun 2019 – Nov 2019
Communications partner for NCR Commerce.
Sep 2018 – Jun 2019
Directed internal and executive communications for Fiserv Credit Union Solutions. Developed and executed communications plan supporting goals and objectives to drive employee engagement and client advocacy.
• Connected employees with leadership and business initiatives through varied programs and channels including webcasts, town halls, focus groups and culture teams. Emphasis on storytelling and recognition.
• Developed thought-leadership presentations for client events using proprietary and outside research.
• Coached executives on message style and strategy aligned with enterprise communications priorities.
Manager, Employee Engagement Programs
Jun 2013 – Apr 2018
Helmed global employee survey and action program to sustain high engagement and high-performance culture. Managed $500,000 budget and vendor partnerships with CEB and Great Place to Work. Prepared CHRO and leadership team with executive messaging for engagement programs. Recognized as trusted expert and adviser to executives, HR business partners and local teams.
• Surpassed objectives with 95% participation in annual surveys conducted globally among 32,000 employees.
• Implemented continuous-listening strategy by designing and launching monthly pulse surveys and focus groups to solicit employee ideas for action.
• Drove survey communications campaigns with messaging and creative strategy development, including recognition and incentive components that fueled record-breaking participation.
• Analyzed results and presented recommendations to over 50 business leaders annually.
• Trained and coached HR business partners to understand survey results and create meaningful action plans.
• Guided improvement efforts at enterprise and local levels with company-wide action planning strategy and accountability measures for over 400 action plans.
• Tapped to lead cross-functional special projects including assessment and revision of promotions process, developing guidelines to enhance employee experience, communication, clarity and fairness.
• Stepped up to lead employee action team for HR organization, recommending and executing leadership communications plan that helped increase engagement scores.
• Developed and launched employee resources portal on Jive-based intranet for benefits, wellness, career development and more, becoming most visited community with 91% user satisfaction.
Manager, Internal Communications
Oct 2012 – Jun 2013
Oversaw team through change as AutoTrader.com expanded to AutoTrader Group with 3,500 employees following multiple acquisitions. Counseled company executives and prepared messaging for organizational changes, including divestitures. Accountable for supervising and developing staff.
• Created and executed strategic plans for evolving internal communication vehicles, reaching, representing and engaging employees across enterprise.
• Highlighted common culture among diverse brands through storytelling and events.
-Georgia Governor's Office of Customer Service-
Supervisor, Marketing & Communications
Jan 2011 – Oct 2012
Improved employee satisfaction and engagement to position Georgia as employer of choice. Managed statewide engagement program recognized nationally for government innovation. Served as managing editor of state intranet for 100,000 employees. Supervised writers and cultivated relationships with contributors from state agencies.
• Guided HR and communications executives in developing model based on employee involvement in the change process.
• Increased engagement scores year-over-year with seven of eight participating agencies.
Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist
Nov 2006 – Dec 2010
Implemented strategic communications plans to promote customer-service best practices and attributes relevant to all state employees. Wrote executive presentations, speeches and marketing materials for internal and external audiences. Guided branding strategies and designed marketing collateral. Coached junior staff members.
• Influenced large, diverse workforce through strategy of storytelling and recognizing state employees who provided exemplary service. Solicited and featured employee-created content including videos, photos and kudos.
• Influenced government, academic and business groups by positioning executive director to tell story in compelling way.
• Appointed as special agency liaison for statewide pilot guided by Great Place to Work Institute, enhancing employee satisfaction in state government.
• Led employee action teams to drive improvements based on peer input, increasing internal job satisfaction by 25% in one year. Measured by surveys conducted with Georgia State University.
-Georgia Technology Authority-
Internal Communications Consultant
Apr 2005 – Nov 2006
-Randstad North America-
Editor, Employee Communications
May 2000 – Apr 2005