Passionate about helping people have great experiences at work and helping the world play. I lead and inspire teams to help our people help our players. My teams are responsible for training, internal process, external help content and social media, internal communications, and employee experience. I collaborate across the Worldwide Customer Experience leadership team on projects impacting our employees' experience.
-Electronic Arts (EA)-
Senior Director, Communications and Employee Enablement
Apr 2019 – Present
I lead teams responsible for:
- self-help player content
- advisor process, quality, coaching, and training
- internal communications
- employee experience
Director, Communications and Employee Experience
Jun 2017 – Present
I lead teams focused on creating great advisor experiences that fuel great player experiences. We believe that informed, inspired, and appreciated advisors give players the best customer support experience.
Specifically, my teams are focused on:
- Transforming our culture
- Evolving internal comms and piloting new ways of getting information to advisors
- Measuring employee experience and communications
- Defining our employee engagement portfolio
- Developing programs focused on recognition, great meetings, and bringing our culture to life in meaningful ways
- Working with partners on programs like improving recruiting effectiveness, transforming training and quality, supporting people managers, and developing our people
- Writing more helpful content that more players read
Communications and Employee Engagement Sr. Manager
Dec 2016 – Jun 2017
I manage Communications and Employee Engagement teams responsible for activities including content on EA Help (help.ea.com) and employee communications, branding, and engagement initiatives.
Strategic Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Experience
Sep 2015 – Dec 2016
Strategic communications consultant focused on executive communication, crisis, employee engagement, and clear, open, and personal communication from and within business unit.
Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
Jul 2014 – Sep 2015
- Managed executive communication strategy and supporting forums from leadership to employees including bi-annual company meeting for 7,000 employees in nearly 50 countries, monthly global leadership meeting, and quarterly business discussion for managers.
- Built relationships with leadership to communicate executive vision and business critical updates to mass employees, managers and leadership.
- Advised business partners where communication can improve business results and manage communication strategy. Provide counsel on audience segmentation, channel optimization, message, tone, and communication plan.
- Counseled on globalization of communication by serving as day-to-day contact for global teammates and building communication pipelines to ensure delivery of business critical communications.
- Supported ongoing development of crisis communication materials and playbooks, and execute on crisis communications as needed.
- Produced, wrote and directed NIWeek day 3 keynote for audience of 7,000 featuring industry thought leaders.
Corporate Communications Specialist
Nov 2012 – Jul 2014
- Crafted compelling business communications for leadership to better tell their story and ensure consistent messaging internally and externally.
- Established and managed NI spokesperson bureau and advised on executive positioning, prep, and messaging/presentations.
- Co-wrote and directed NIWeek day 3 keynote: Inspiring the Next Generation of Scientists and Engineers.
- Recognized by corporate communications and marketing organization with Impact Award for contributions to intranet standardization project.
Midwest Regional Marketing Specialist
Oct 2011 – Nov 2012
- Developed tools to highlight customer successes, facilitate collaboration and talent reuse, and raise awareness of specific applications at key accounts; resulted in opening/advancing over $10M in sales opportunities
- Developed communication strategy, gained internal alignment, and engaged customer advocates on embedded systems customer advisory board to provide forum for like-minded customers, position NI as innovative player in embedded market, and gather insight and feedback from key customers
- Created account community portals using social business platform to deliver tailored customer content for focus accounts and enterprise agreements to drive opportunities, software adoption, sales initiatives, and customer collaboration/engagement - measured 200% growth in one year across all portals
Recognized by NI America's sales organization with:
- Marketing Excellence Award - Midwest Marketing
- Contribution to Enterprise Agreement Marketing Award- Account Marketing Team
Midwest Regional Marketing Coordinator
May 2010 – Oct 2011
- Collaborated with account managers, corporate resources, and customers to develop top account communication strategy and execute dynamic on-site events, advancing over $11M in opportunities.
- Project managed over 600 events including seminars, regional trade shows, customer advisory board, and account on-site events
- Completed NI People Development Series, a leadership program for individual contributors
Aug 2009 – May 2010
- Researched, developed, and presented employee crisis communication strategy to corporate communications leadership
- Wrote and edited customer case studies and blog posts highlighting customer successes for use on NI.com