I'm a senior level Communication and Engagement professional with experience across the corporate, not for profit and professional services sectors.
I have deep experience in narrative practice (postgraduate qualified), workplace innovation, stakeholder engagement and communication, and am currently working in the health sector.
Please feel free to connect if you share my professional and/or personal interests.
Project Lead, Refugee Health Navigation
Nov 2019 – Present
Narrative Practice and Engagement Consulting
Nov 2017 – Present
2020 clients include:
- Human Rights For All (law firm). Social media management
- Narrative Coaching, private clients
2018-9. Clients include:
- The Smith Family, Victoria - Community engagement and Feasibility Study for a $3m education program
- Woodside - Digital Engagement Program for transition to RightSpace Working at the new HQ in Perth
- Facilitation engagements across corporate and not for profit organisations
- Narrative Coaching with private clients
Postgraduate Study and Advocacy
Nov 2016 – Nov 2017
- Postgraduate studies in Narrative Therapy and Community Work at the University of Melbourne.
- partnering with the Public Interest Advocacy Centre to address shortcomings in health care for people in immigration detention
- advocating for people brought to Australia for medical care from Manus Island and Nauru
- setting up community support for people transitioning out of detention into community
Business Engagement Manager, Future Ways of Working
Jan 2012 – Oct 2016
My role was a combination of strategy, employee engagement, change and project management, with a major focus on the introduction of activity-based working (ABW).
I was a foundation member of the Future Ways of Working team, responsible for building the business case, engaging leadership and the wider business, and creating/resourcing a network of advocates.
One of my stand-out opportunities was leading concept and development of The Landing, an employee hub that encompasses event/social spaces, design thinking studio and a wellness centre.
Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
Jan 2010 – Sep 2011
Internal Communications Manager supporting KPMG's People Strategy, Advisory and business development functions.
A highlight of the role was developing KPMG's social media strategy, in partnership with IT and a cross-functional working group.
-Communications, Engagement and Change-
Sep 2008 – Feb 2010
Worked freelance and as an associate with Sageco, a specialist labour demographics and ageing workforce consultancy .
Clients included Australia Post, National Australia Post, Boral, REA Group (realestate.com.au), Jesuit Social Services and private coaching.
Management Consultant, People Advisory
May 2006 – Sep 2008
This role began at specialist consultancy, Business Work and Ageing (based at Swinburne University) which was acquired by EY.
The role had a labour demographics and broader talent management focus, working with clients in the government, banking and resources sectors.
Organisation Development Manager
Apr 2000 – Oct 2005
Over 5 years, I worked as Internal Comms Manager, OD consultant and then OD Manager. This was a period of unprecedented change for the business, with a significant focus on employee engagement. From 2001-5, turnover dropped by 75% and Sensis achieved ISR's Global High Performing Norm benchmark.
Organisation Development Consultant
Aug 1998 – Jan 2000
Contract role with an internal communications and change focus, supporting technical rollouts associated with the Advance Bank merger, GST and Y2K
-NHMRC National Breast Cancer Centre-
Feb 1995 – Dec 1998
Media and issues management, stakeholder relations and project management