Business-Oriented Human Resources Leader with more than 20 years of progressive experience partnering with and developing senior level executives both domestically and internationally on business initiatives and strategic planning. Dedicated professional charged with leading change and creating the culture and structure of four successful start-up business units throughout tenure. Accomplished leader with a career history of directing succession planning, high potential career management, and talent mobility. Results-driven senior executive adept at leading human resources (HR) due diligence and integrations during mergers and acquisitions (M&A) both domestic and international.
Areas of Expertise:
Leadership Development & Coaching
Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Development & Restructuring
Managing Remote Employees
-DePuy Synthes Companies-
HR Leader, DePuy Synthes US Sales & Marketing
Apr 2020 – Present
Human Resources Leader for the U.S. Trauma & CMF Sales and Marketing organization partnering with key business and fellow HR leaders to develop and implement the HR strategy as part of the overall business strategy. Focus on key HR initiatives including, but not limited to organizational design, succession planning, talent development, employee engagement and diversity & inclusion.
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Jan 2019 – Apr 2020
Partnered with Commercial Leaders and Human Resources COE's to drive the talent strategy throughout the business in a $1.5 billion region.
Senior Director, Human Resources - Foot & Ankle Business, Orthopedics
Jul 2015 – Jul 2017
• Selected as HR lead for this new strategically important business unit with a focus on developing the leadership team, organizational structure and culture for long term, sustainable growth.
• Championed business development initiatives for the Business Unit.
• Partnered with leaders and recruiting team to grow the organization while ensuring adherence with budget restrictions.
• Improved key Human Capital metrics within business including, but not limited to Diversity & Inclusion and Engagement.
Senior Director, Human Resources, Trauma & Extremities Division, Orthopedics
Sep 2011 – Jul 2015
• Promoted to Senior Director position reporting to the President of the Division to lead a team on all international human resources efforts within the United States and Europe.
• Collaborated with Human Resources Shared Services & Centers of Excellence to develop and implement Corporate initiatives internationally.
• Charged with coaching executives on leadership behaviors and human capital decisions.
• Expanded the organization, in partnership with senior leaders through restructuring, M&A, and organic growth.
• Directed succession planning, identifying and developing key high potentials for leadership roles.
Director, Human Resources - Trauma & Extremities Business Unit, Orthopedics
Nov 2008 – Aug 2011
• Served as a member of the Business Unit Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Vice President and General Manager while leading a team focused on all HR initiatives.
• Participated in and contributed to business's Strategic Planning sessions.
• Led the succession planning process and implemented successorship and development initiatives.
• Collaborated with the finance leader to develop and monitor headcount and compensation planning.
Manager, Human Resources - Orthopedics
May 2005 – Oct 2008
• Supported U.S. based employees throughout several business units and functions including but not limited to sales, marketing, R&D, finance, regulatory, and quality.
• Advised business leaders in human capital decisions, such as employee relations, compensation structure and administration, performance management, change management, and training and development.
• Represented the HR department in creating three strategically important business units within the company.
Human Resources Manager, Client Services - Orthopedics
Nov 2003 – May 2005
Partnered with marketing and R&D leaders while serving as a change agent in several key organizational initiatives including restructurings, organizational design and career path development.
-Central Parking System-
Regional Manager, Human Resources, Northeast
Jan 2002 – Oct 2003
Led and managed seven direct reports in New York, Boston, and Philadelphia in HR initiatives as part of the Northeast Executive Leadership team overseeing Employee & Labor Relations, Recruiting, Talent Management and Compensation & Benefits for the region.
Manager, Employee & Labor Relations, New York Region
Jan 2001 – Dec 2001
Managed a team of HR professionals in employee and labor relations for exempt and non-exempt employees throughout New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Connecticut.