Highly effective executive with over 20 years in management, sales and marketing. A dynamic and organized health & wellness professional with success developing and implementing strategic population health initiatives within a variety of industry segments. Organized and disciplined with practical experience in the field. Proven track record of leadership, complex problem solving and gaining cross-functional team support to ensure successful delivery of end product.
-Marsh & McLennan Agency | Florida Region-
Director, Total Health
Oct 2016 – Present
• Responsible for comprehensive population health consulting services and the development and delivery of Total Health & Well-being solutions to improve client outcomes related to human capital.
• Provide leadership, support and strategic direction for the Agency’s Total Health & Well-being consulting services to ensure effectiveness and client retention.
• Oversight of two health management consultants, budget, RFP vendor management and process development.
• Develop strong relationships with executive level employer decision makers, health insurance carriers, well-being vendors (local and national) and the internal Marsh & McLennan team.
• Proficient in delivering effective presentations to a variety of constituents; including leadership, executive level decision makers, internal team and community events.
-Health Promotion Solutions, LLC-
Director of Business Development
Jul 2015 – Sep 2016
• Responsible for business development, account management and building long-term relationships with employers, insurance brokers and strategic partners in South Florida and nationwide.
• Gather and analyze details regarding company culture, past and current programs, and data in order to develop effective wellness strategies and solutions that meet the client’s goals and objectives.
• Work closely with project managers to ensure implementation of timelines, service delivery, data exchange, program components and reports.
• Manage existing clients to ensure high employee engagement, effective marketing communications and improved health outcomes.
• Actively develop and deliver professional presentations, reports and webinars for prospects, current clients, benefit consultants and managed care representatives.
• Provide consulting expertise to support hospital systems in the development of corporate wellness services, medical fitness centers and telemedicine solutions in their primary and secondary markets.
• Successfully manage service delivery, data exchange, and overall program support.
Recent Speaking Engagements Include:
• Georgia Partnership for Telehealth: ‘Telemedicine and Population Health Management in the Workplace’
• Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference: ‘The Medical Fitness Difference in Employee Wellness’
-Tenet Healthcare Corporation-
Business Account Manager
Apr 2009 – Jun 2015
Responsible for developing and implementing the Health & Wellness by Tenet corporate strategy in South Florida promoting ten (10) Tenet Hospitals and the multi-specialty physician group.
o Secured over 100 partnerships with key corporate decision makers, human resource executives, benefit consultants and commercial managed care representatives to promote Tenet Florida’s population health and wellness services.
o Pitched, planned, developed and implemented on-site employer health screenings, health fairs, wellness education programs and on-site medical clinics.
o Responsible for developing annual business plan and budget, management of expenses, invoicing and collections.
o Successfully contracted and provided on-going account management for Tenet’s on-site employer medical clinics. Developed communication strategy, new program development and operational processes to ensure tracking of marketing and engagement initiatives.
o Built the program to exceed 2.5 million dollars of net revenue.
o Cultivate strategic partnerships to align Tenet Healthcare initiatives including: Bundled Payment Program, Accountable Care Organization –Advantage Health Network, Workers' Compensation Program and Executive Physical Program.
Recent Speaking Engagements Include:
• Tenet Healthcare - Physician Development Manager Training: ‘Engaging Your Physicians in Corporate Wellness’
• Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce: ‘Wellness in the Workplace’
Mar 2008 – Apr 2009
• Strategically planned and implemented a sales and marketing program through targeted visits to physicians, physician’s office staff, and hospital case managers throughout the primary and secondary service area to increase referrals.
• Increased referrals 26% year over year impacting Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital.
• Recruited 45 new referring physicians for Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital in 2008. Physician specialties include neurosurgeons, otolaryngologists, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, physiatrists, and primary care physicians.
-CHG Healthcare Services-
Sales Manager / Director of Sales
May 2006 – Mar 2008
Director of Sales, RNNetwork- a division of CHG Healthcare Services, 6/07-3/08
• Responsible for developing and managing 18 full-time employees including new business development sales executives, account managers, and administrative assistants focused on increasing revenue through hospital contracts and nurses on assignment.
• Manage new sales and business development opportunities through strategic planning, pricing and proposals.
• Developed annual marketing and business plan, budget and full P & L responsibility.
Sales Manager, Weatherby Locums- a division of CHG Healthcare Services, 5/06 – 6/07
• Responsible for managing and training ten recruiters within three medical specialty teams.
• Planned, developed, and implemented 2007 business and marketing plans for three specialty teams.
• Increased gross profit 12% over 2006 budget, which qualified me for President’s Club
Director of Sales & Marketing
Dec 1996 – May 2006