Organizational Strategy | Change Management | Real Estate and Workforce Strategy
Experienced executive with extensive achievements in enterprise strategy development and change management with over fifteen years of senior level knowledge to create a positive impact to an organizations’ performance. Widely known for generating creative solutions to drive workforce effectiveness and efficiency through data based scenario development and influential leadership. Well versed on all aspects of organizational change management and delivery, with a passion for improving workforce experience and enabling best performance.
-Jones Lang LaSalle-
Senior Vice President
Dec 2013 – Present
Design innovative workforce strategies, workplace strategies, and engaging change management programs resulting in clear increases in employee engagement, attraction of new talent and a decrease in vacant positions/attrition., while also driving improvements to efficiency and significantly reducing costs. Build strategic plans to measure workplace and workforce experience, identify differentiators and opportunities for improvement that enable clients to continue to elevate real estate value to the organization.
• Clients include 28 Fortune 200 Organizations with 10 in the Fortune 50 (2018).
• Analyzing workforce and workplace participation to better understand opportunities for improvement of employee experience and engagement.
• Defining clear goals, outcomes, and path forward to elevate organizational value proposition and enable enterprise strategic imperatives.
-KV Consulting Services, LLC-
Nov 2012 – 2013
Formed workplace strategy and change management consulting firm that achieved gross sales of six figures during initial twelve operating months. Contracted by major organizations, advising on business strategy integration across Human Resources departments.
• Developed highly effective change management program for AstraZeneca to support integration of an acquisition and co-location into a shared North American Headquarters, which resulted in increased employee engagement and productivity.
• Partnered with CORT Furniture to develop new products and services to support business and workforce agility programs.
• Presented on “Corporate Workplace Opportunities” at Universal Design Conference
Director, Workplace Innovation, Corporate Real Estate
2010 – Nov 2012
Director -Workplace Innovation, Capital One, Richmond VA 2010 – 2012
Created a workplace strategy at Fortune 200 company during a period of unprecedented growth and acquisitions. Designed and completed an extensive assessment of Capital One’s collaboration and communication behaviors that defined problem statements for the next generation of workplace strategy.
• Gained industry-wide recognition for developing a next generation alternative workplace strategy saving employer $150 million.
• Delivered highly innovative solutions for creating a positive environment to retain 60,000 associates.
• Created innovative workplace settings that increased employee efficiency by a minimum of 25%.
• Produced solutions that successfully met short-term needs while maximizing flexibility to accommodate future growth and change.
Director – Client Relationship Management, Capital One, Richmond, VA 2005 – 2010
Designed and implemented the next evolution of workplace strategy designed around the ‘Future of Work’ and ‘Flexible Work’ to match company growth initiatives. Developed, oversaw and was solely accountable for the workforce change management and organizational communications strategy for the Southeast Region of organization. Developed quality and lasting relationships with the entire team.
• Improved workforce efficiency by 40% while supporting staffing demands that exceeded annual forecasts by 30%.
• Created strategic scenarios of business needs for multi-year growth options; presenting finding and advising Executive Committee.
Director - IT Administration, Capital One, Richmond, VA 1999 – 2005
• Implemented companies’ first ever large-scale campus consolidation into a activity based workplace, impacting ~4,000 staff, consolidating 26 locations into a single large campus
• Developed strategy that successfully reduced overhead costs of IT department by $50M per year resulting in improved employee satisfaction scores by 40%.
Director, Workplace Consulting
2005 – 2010
Implemented a highly innovative workplace strategy (Future of Work/Flexible Work Program) across a variety of business groups including HR, CRE, Brand, Accounting, Legal, Card, and Bank. Owned and delivered the four year change management and communications strategy for the Southeast region for FOW/FW Program
Improved space efficiency by 30-40% while supporting growth demands that exceeded annual forecasts by ~30%
Created strategic real estate portfolio scenarios and supporting business cases for multiple year and multiple growth options; recommendations were approved by the Executive Committee resulting in real estate transactions for over 1 million square feet
Managed strong client relationships for the entire region and was single point of contact for multiple key business groups; consistently received exceptional client feedback
Director, IT Administration
1999 – 2005
Business sponsor and change management lead in implementing the first large scale alternative workplace strategy for Capital One, involving ~4000 staff.
Reduced IT real estate investments by ~ $50M per year over three 3 years, and improved associate satisfaction scores by 40%
-Dalkon Shield Claimants Trust-
Feb 1990 – Apr 1999
Performed operational and financial audits to ensure consistent compliance to all internal procedures, external regulations and laws, court orders, fiduciary requirements, etc. for the Trust