I am an experienced executive and business developer with more than 18 years of experience in deploying advanced information technologies in established and in growing businesses, and in creating innovative products and services in high-technology startups.
My focus during business development is on aligning and validating the business model with the market. I cover the entire project lifecycle, from the analysis of the market, product and business strategy, to the definition of business and technical requirements, to the technology selection and organizational design, to leading motivated global teams, and to implementing the technology and business change.
I care about innovative digital solutions, passionate technology competency, cross-cultural team leadership, trusted advisory, and high-quality execution.
My compentencies include:
- Big data and advanced analytical technologies, such as data science and data visualization
- Lean startup and design thinking frameworks
- Product and business development
- Agile project and business management
- Leading motivated global teams
Co-founder, CEO, Head of product and technology
Sep 2018 – Present
Plutinsus develops a software for the detailed, interactive data analysis of complex technical infrastructures. Our focus is on everything that goes beyond classical dashboards or static planning reports. This addresses ad-hoc questions like (1) how does which planning option affect which infrastructure component or (2) what is the root cause of an alarm - or is it a false alarm? This solution is based on an innovative approach to bring both the various planning and measurement data as well as the explicit knowledge about the relationships inside the technical infrastructure, e. g. from a digital twin, together in one interactive analysis tool and, thus, enable the user to derive value from the wealth of information.
-Various High-Tech Start-Ups-
Data Scientist and Entrepreneur
Apr 2015 – Present
- Applying lean start-up and design thinking methodologies to achieve product-market-fit.
- Focusing on start-ups that are based on advanced technology, in particular advanced data analytics, and a scalable business model.
- 1st priority is Internet of Things / Industry 4.0, process intelligence and logistics
- 2nd priority is financial services
- Co-organizing the Apache Spark Zürich Meetup.
Head of Data Science
Jan 2018 – Aug 2018
IT & Operations
Sep 2015 – Oct 2017
- Moderated and contributed to the business strategy development.
- Drove the product development, quality assurance and marketing.
- Sold and managed customer projects.
- Scaled the software engineering team.
- Represented the firm to investors.
-Content Analytics, Inc.-
Oct 2014 – Mar 2015
- Defined technology architecture and requirements, built pilot projects, and provided customer service.
- Lead the project to re-architect the back-end for the data and calculation flow.
- Managed the team for data acquisition and quality assurance.
-BearingPoint Switzerland AG-
Jul 2002 – Aug 2014
- Managed global key account in financial services sector. Doubling yearly revenue to US$ 5m.
- Developed new service offering to help clients deal with regulatory changes.
- Co-organized the Swiss Data Warehouse club, facilitating exchange among practitioners.
- Managed alliances with 5 software vendors for analytical solutions.
- Build up a data analytics software stack over the course of 10 years that provided end-to-end analytical capabilities from sales, to operations, to procurement.
- Extended this stack into an inhouse platform-as-a-service for other teams to build their own solutions.
- Directed a global team of 40 people to deliver a 100-fold improvement in accuracy as well as increased speed and control of the global financial and management accounting processes.
- Oversaw 25 global people who were responsible for the adaption of the internal and external reporting and all aspects of financial accounting related to asset transfers and legal entity transfers.
- Managed a global team of 15 people to implement a new financial reporting framework (from concepts to MIS implementation to restatement of historical figures).
- Led a technology team of 5 people (covering service development, marketing, sales, and project delivery), to sell over 20 consulting projects.
-28msec. The Information Agility company-
Sep 2013 – Apr 2014
- Defined, built, and demonstrated proof-of-concepts in the financial services and publishing sectors.
- Sold and managed the development of projects to clients, predominantly to innovative startups.
- Set direction for product management at the intersection of legal services and publishing.
- Supported the development of the business strategy and managed the execution.
- Held sales and investor presentations and demos, managed marketing activities.
- Managed relationships with external consultants, advisors, foreign resellers, OEM partners, and system integrators.
-Andersen Business Consulting-
Mar 1998 – Jun 2002
- Led several team projects to implement Management Information Systems (MIS) that dramatically improved the available customer and product information.
- Served as Swiss representative to Andersen’s European Data Warehousing leadership team
- Developed a 4-day internal training course: “Data Mining – Getting Started”
- Provided technical expertise on projects dealing with MIS and data transformations using a variety of technologies to help bring innovative global knowledge to local projects.
Jul 1997 – Feb 1998
Bought the Swiss IT services firm Gruppe für Angewandte Informatik.
Continued to advise clients on the introduction of innovative object-oriented software development methodologies and frameworks that increased the speed and quality of their software projects.
-Gruppe für Angewandte Informatik-
Apr 1997 – Jun 1997
A mid-sized Swiss IT services firm with a small group focusing on software development methodology consulting, coaching, and training.
Advised clients on the introduction of innovative object-oriented software development methodologies and frameworks that increased the speed and quality of their software projects.
Aug 1994 – Dec 1996
Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering - Computer Vision Laboratory
Researched and published on the topic of “Extraction of man-made objects from aerial imagery”.