Co-founder and Communications Director at Drone Evolution - making people safer and organisations better.
Focusing on drones that can stay in the air for extended periods of time, Drone Evolution are leading the way in development of drone technology that can have tangible benefits in commercial drone operations across a range of sectors - in particular security, transport infrastructure, construction, utilities and facilities management.
Co-Founder and Business Development Director
Jun 2018 – Present
At Drone Evolution, we make people safer and organisations better using drones.
Based in Caerphilly, Drone Evolution are focused on delivering services and products based on UAV technology but offering tangible commercial benefits.
- Increased protection and safety for the public and workers
- Reducing costs and overheads for organisations
Drone Evolution are particularly focused on tethered drones. Tethered drones can stay in the air for extended periods, providing many more ways to use them in a commercial setting than is currently the case with their free-flying cousins.
-Toby Townrow Consulting Ltd. (TTC)-
Aug 2014 – Nov 2018
Toby Townrow Consulting (TTC) was launched in August 2014 to help business and people get to where they want to go. This is done by providing the following services:-
- Management Consulting
- Team Building
- Learning and Development
- Career Coaching
We specialise in Internal Communications, Leadership Development, Career Coaching and Presentation Skills.
All of these services are tailored to each client, ensuring that they work in the real world of your own organisation. We have extensive experience in working with clients both in the UK and internationally.
Mar 2017 – Jun 2018
10Eighty are Employee Engagement specialists - we offer a range of services to engage employees in a way that ensures positive outcomes for both the individual and the organisation. Services include Career Management, Career Coaching, Succession Planning, Leadership Development and Outplacement. Tools include Strengthscope (certified by the British Psychological Society) and CareerCENTRE.
Program Facilitator - Accelerated Growth Programme
Jan 2017 – Mar 2018
Facilitating and organising workshops, coaching and pitching sessions for the AGP - Accelerated Growth Programme - taking businesses from the idea to being ready to pitch for investment in 16 weeks, covering all aspects of growing a business.
Oct 2005 – Aug 2014
- Coach 15 new starters during their 13 week induction period until sign-off
- Wrote and delivered training alongside the Training Manager for both new starters and established Representatives
- Managed of own territory with a customer base of around 300
Unilever Training Courses Written or Delivered
Research, Analysis and Planning
Observation in Selling
Unilever Service Brands
Opening and Setting The Scene
UFS Selling Skills
Siebel (CRM System) Training (plus ongoing support)
- 15 new starters successfully coached through induction period programme (13 weeks)
- The creation of UFS Selling Skills programme course material
- The writing of the “Induction Bible” – a guide to the UFS induction programme for both the trainee and prospective Training Managers
- Appointed Super User for UFS’ Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with the responsibility for training and supporting teams
Unilever Courses Attended
- Coaching Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Raising Personal Effectiveness
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Apr 2000 – Oct 2005
- Responsible for day-to-day and strategic communications in a large-scale contact centre (1200 staff) delivering telephony, broadband and television
- Wrote and delivered Leadership training course for team leaders
- Designed Observe and Coach tool for Team Leaders to improve “soft skills” for their agents
- Successfully implemented wide-ranging communications methods, including surveys to test effectiveness
- Member of Change Management Project board
Nov 1992 – Apr 2000
Customer Service Representative
Dec 1991 – Nov 1992
Jul 1991 – Nov 1991