When I was nine years old I wired my first Telephone extension. I have always been fascinated by how people could connect over a Telephone line. It was only natural that I entered the world of Networking and Communications. Today I am proud to provide state of the art communications tools to small and medium sized businesses.
I am a Public speaker, Business Communications, Cybersecurity and fraud expert. If you need an informational, educational, relatable and fun public speaker please contact me. I am truly passionate about sharing knowledge and empowering my audiences so they may be better prepared for the Cybersecurity challenges and scams we all face today.
To hire me to speak at your event please visit mikeosecurity.com.
Forever learning and constantly evolving security professional.
Equally process-oriented and approachable, I can help your practice become HIPAA compliant so you can focus on patient care. HIPAA compliance is my business not a side line. I hold the following industry certifications; CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), CSCS (Certified Security Compliance Specialist) and CHP (Certified HIPAA Professional).
For more information visit http://www.kbcomnet.com.
CEO, CCO, CISSP, CCSA, CSCS and CHP
Feb 2003 – Present
Jun 2016 – Present
Jun 2016 – Present
My public speaking events are fun, informative, educational and relatable. I recently presented my senior citizens safety program "Things you need to know about scams" in New Jersey to rave reviews. The audience enjoyed a program addressing Phishing, IRS, dating, lottery and other scams targeting our senior citizens. Let me help you group prepare for this never ending tide of attacks.
Dec 2016 – Present
Certified Cybersecurity Architecht.
-KB Computing, LLC-
CEO, CCO, CISSP, CSCS, CHP
Feb 2004 – Present
Equally process-oriented and approachable, I help your practice become HIPAA compliant so you can focus on patient care. Security is our business not a side line.
Established a systems and implementation consultancy and landed top-tier engagements to develop systems and processes. HIPAA Compliance, IT asset management and deployment. Clients included Hewlett Packard and Cargill Meat Solutions, the largest privately owned company in the world.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) and Certified Security Compliance Specialist (CSCS)
Created HIPAA Compliance and Risk avoidance auditing services to help small to mid-sized medical practices realize HIPAA compliance.
• Produced Managed Services practice in support of 30 clients across Northern NJ, providing excellent proactive monitoring and systems support.
• Developed and documented a comprehensive structure for infrastructure and application planning at HP; partnered with business and technology leaders to architect requirements, rationalization, and approvals for technology investments and deployments.
• Automated information flow for email smtp migration on HP’s proprietary delivery platform with creation of a series of scripts to manage requests, approvals, and acceptance throughout the migration process.
• Automated information flow for email smtp migration on HP’s proprietary delivery platform with creation of series of scripts to manage requests, approvals, and acceptance through migration process.
• Enabled seamless installation with zero user intervention as author of 20-plus Wise installation packages at Cargill, and developed a process to deliver post-deployment software bundles to 4000 networked workstations.
• Consulted on Cargill’s enterprise Altiris EMS suite, and performed staff appraisals for senior leadership.
Director IT Engineering
Aug 2004 – Jun 2016
Lead team of nine direct reports with operational and fiscal oversight of a client technology infrastructure comprised of global desktop, mobility, and hardware/software applications.
• Streamlined the Citrix infrastructure by over $300K, and managed global migration from Citrix 4.5 to 6.x.
• Eliminated $100K in annual maintenance costs associated with Altiris as implementation lead for SCCM 2007, and seamlessly transitioned to SCCM 2012 with zero impact to business continuity.
• Enhanced end user service and satisfaction with design and introduction of an escalation framework as well as reporting, tracking, and resolution tools and a knowledge base.
• Reduced Windows 7 implementation budget from $2.1M to $700K through initiation and socialization of standards and practices for internal readiness review, project management, and scheduling for global deployment.
• Leveraged existing technology assets and eliminated hundreds of thousands of dollars in waste by formalizing the internal application needs assessment and approval processes.
• Stabilized the environment and halted system outages due to automated patch installations by developing a patch management review process for the desktop and server infrastructure.
• Secured and negotiated hardware vendor with a five-year contract lifecycle as lead on RFP, selection, and contracting, which paved the way for effective long-term strategic planning and budgeting efforts.
• Managed strategic sourcing and outsourcing of a desktop packaging vendor; created a 40% reduction in packaging within the first year and increased first-time reliability to 95%, a +25% improvement.
Feb 1992 – Aug 2003
Promoted to key technical and service oversight role; entrusted with relationship management and systems planning for a $28M engagement between AT&T and IBM Tivoli.
• Provided technical insight and advocated on behalf of AT&T to maximize the investment and increase transparency in service delivery and reporting.
• Designed scorecards, benchmarks, and delivery targets and presented quarterly recommendations to other key Tivoli accounts as elected Chairman of the Global Systems Management Council.