Russ is a nationally recognized hospitality executive, specializing in foodservice consulting, culinary arts, multi-unit operations, strategic planning, marketing, and facility design. He is the Founder & CEO of DayOne Hospitality Consulting.
Russ brings 35 years of experience and expertise in culinary arts, on-site hospitality workplace programs, restaurants, hotels and consulting. For 10 years, he was a senior member of the MBNA America client liaison team managing a $40M food program. Since 2013, Russ has been an industry leading consultant, having led complex projects for some of the biggest Fortune 100 companies in the nation.
Russ has served on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Society for Hospitality & Foodservice Management (SHFM), serving as President in 2006.
About DayOne Hospitality Consulting:
The term 'day one’ connotes "a new beginning, a new strategy, a new solution, a fresh start," which is what we bring to each client project. DayOne Hospitality Consulting will discover what is important to you and your culture and define what role foodservice plays within your business or institution. Perhaps your program is ready for a fresh start, or a new 'day one.' Together, we’ll re-imagine and re-calibrate your plan for a best-in-class dining and hospitality workplace amenity.
DayOne’s core competencies include:
• Comprehensive master planning
• Mystery shopping
• Industry benchmarks and best practices
• Analysis of your operator's contract to ensure compliance
• Evaluation of your operator's financial performance
• Providing perspective on facility design for existing space or new construction to reduce build-out costs with alternative dining ideas
• Guest experience evaluations and assessments
• Facilitation of the Partner Vendor Selection Process (RFP) to ensure you align with the right operator that fully embraces YOUR goals and YOUR culture
Visit www.dayonehc.com to learn more.