I am a human resources executive with 15+ years of experience and a proven track record of profitably growing businesses, successfully completed several M&A’s, improving employee engagement, leading HR technology implementations and hiring ROI-driven talent. I am also a strategic, innovative, consultative, disciplined, and problem-solving leader who will help translate business vision into HR initiatives that improve performance, profitability, growth, and shareholder value. I leverage Six Sigma expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements that have generated cost savings in staff consolidation ($4million), recruitment fees ($5million+), renegotiated vendor spending ($3million+), increased customer satisfaction (30%+), improved first-year retention metric (KPI +35%), and reduced metric time-to-fill (KPI -100%).
CORE HR COMPENTENCIES
- HR Best Practices
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Employee Relations & Diversity
- Employee Performance Improvement
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Acquisition | Recruitment | Onboarding | Retention
- Leadership Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- Staff Coaching & Mentoring
- HR Policy, Process & Systems
- Transformation Consensus Building
- Project Management
- Compensation & Benefits
- Strategic HR Planning & Alignment
- Analytics | Metrics | Assessements
-The Claremont Group, LLC-
Senior Human Resources Consultant
2013 – Present
Solutions including coaching, organization leadership, organization transformation, employee relations, talent acquisition, and retention, benefits communication, workforce planning, and regulatory compliance.
● Currently part-time CHRO for three non-profits (entertainment, education, & social services). Focus areas include but are not limited to talent acquisition & retention, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, social media implementation, process & policy standardization, change management, compensation, benefits, and training.
● Managed public sector client project to research, design, and implement a supervisory training course and job-related simulations for 3,000+ supervisors.
● Redesigned and implemented a standardized sales compensation plan that achieved business development team’s buy-in with 100% retention and 10% annual revenue increase.
● Created career development, succession planning and coaching programs that increased levels of employee satisfaction from 83% to 95%.
● Designed and implement a performance appraisal system for employees helping the client to identify and retain high performers while detecting client service shortcoming resulting in a 7% increase in operating margins.
● Reduced the time-to-fill metric for a medical practice client company by over 35% by aligning the corporate mission with targeted social media campaigns, designing effective selection, interviewing, and focused candidate experience against critical competencies.
-Quest Diagnostics, Inc.-
Director | Human Resources | HRBP
2011 – 2013
Leading provider of diagnostic information services – 43,000 employees / $7.5 billion revenue.
Promoted to provide strategic human resources guidance to Laboratory Operations, Scientific and Technology clients on leadership and coaching, workforce planning, employee retention, compensation, retirement plan communications, organizational design, diversity strategies, succession planning, and training.
● Collaborated with operation leaders in the realignment of human capital during the Dallas and Houston laboratories consolidation impacting 3,500 employees resulting in a 30% annual cost reduction or $55 million with no adverse impact to business relations, revenues, or employee engagement.
● Developed Six Sigma best practices “New Manager” training program for operation supervisors with less than 18 months tenure to include in-depth training in lab safety, diversity recruitment, harassment and workplace violence, disability awareness, FMLA, and termination practices.
● Developed “Monthly Manager Check-in Program” between hiring managers and direct reports driving positive employee relations scores with hiring managers 22 points to 9.05 out of a perfect score of 10.
● Integrated 3 acquired companies into the culture, business, and processes impacting over 4,500 new employees.
Human Resources Consultant
2009 – 2011
Recruited to reposition company’s talent acquisition that was decentralized and filled with numerous redundancies. Designed a best–in–class talent acquisition model. Led team of 35 supporting the annual hiring of 6,000 employees and independent contractors.
● Partnered with 60+ regional operations and human resources leaders to consolidate 90% of the company’s talent acquisition activities under one organizational leadership resulting in $3 million savings.
● Shortened recruitment cycle to meet demands of accelerated growth with positions open an average of 30 days; selected and implemented assessment tools to evaluate new candidates, achieving a 3:1 interview-to-hire rate.
● Ramped up flailing campus recruiting program and attained a 93% offer acceptance rate for co-ops, internships, and full-time positions by creating and implementing sourcing strategies to acquire top talent at targeted colleges and universities.
-GfK CUSTOM RESEARCH NA | New York, NY | $2 billion global market research organization.-
Human Resources Director
2008 – 2009
Recruited to inject process and policy standardization, reduce costs, improve talent pool and increase retention across all North American teams. As a business partner supporting Consumer Products and Government teams aligned strategic and tactical organizational designs with revenue growth strategies.
● Coached supervisors and increased one-one employee meetings resulting in 20% improvement in employee satisfaction scores.
● Worked closely with business leaders to implement a pre-hire job-shadowing program that resulted in improved first-year retention by 50%.
● Reduced third- party recruitment fees from a previous two-year, $2M average to under $300K.
● Decreased Time-to-Fill by 45%, from 98 days to 45 days.
● Partnered with Six Sigma Black Belt to reduced performance review cycle time by over 45 min/person and improved quality of one-on-one reviews by applying Lean principles to streamline HR processes including integrating performance, career planning, and compensation reviews for consistent global application and roll-up to enhanced talent review.
Senior Director | HRBP | Recruitment
2006 – 2008
Recruited to transformed HR into a true strategic business partner in the aftermath of an end-to-end HR restructuring. Championed HR vision while forging sustainable infrastructure, technology systems, regulatory compliance, benefits, processes, and practices to support long-term growth.
● Collaborated with Six Sigma and Operation leaders to improve first-year retention by over 35% for high turnover call center employees by introducing talent management tools such as 30-60-90-day manager/employee evaluations as well as identification of at-risk high performers.
• Assimilated 1 acquired company into the culture, business, and processes impacting over 600 new employees.
● Decreased first 90-day call center turnover by over 30% by implementing behavioral interviewing and pre-hire assessments tools.
● Co-Authored with VP Sales and HR leader a redesign of a performance-based compensation plan for the sales team, growing annual sales 20% per sales professional.
● Reduced third-party recruitment fees from previous two-year, $5M average to under $2M.
● A key member of the corporate strategic training team resulting in enterprise-wide process standardization in all call centers resulting in reducing training time by 25%.
-FCP Search Partners-
Managing Partner, Executive Search
2001 – 2006
Privately held generalist executive search firm specializing.
Needed to diversify the firm, both geographically and by specialty, especially after 9/11 occurred and decimated the business.